Bukit Brown to be redeveloped in 2012

Went to Bukit Brown. There are many things there. Very bad idea to wipe the place out for a darn road.
I have made some notes and decide to return with 6X6. 6x6 45mm and 6x6 180mm.

Read this first:
Bukit Brown Cemetery - Burial ground of the pioneers of Singapore
i still could not understand why they tear down National Library for that short tunnel. their policy seems to be growth at all costs.

After today's visit, I know what is in their mind.
The road building is a smoke screen.

The actual intent is to clear up the land for high class property development.
The nearby up market houses are all at least 5-10 million each, at least.

BB.Walk.Poster26Mar11.JPG

Nikkornos said:
After today's visit, I know what is in their mind.
The road building is a smoke screen.

The actual intent is to clear up the land for high class property development.
The nearby up market houses are all at least 5-10 million each, at least.

I see... Stupid people who thinks money is everything!! When will they wake up?

The petition won't bother him at all.

Ok guys, I hope we can do a shoot soon.

Previously I was thinking about wide angle view. Looks like close up of details using 180mm or even 240mm may be useful.

http://www.facebook.com/sgheritage

There will be a talk by Singapore Heritage Society on the 19th Nov :
传统文化学会将在下个月19日,在亚洲文明博物馆举行公开讲座,让公众了解咖啡山的过去,主讲人之一是国立大学东南亚研究系助理教授约翰逊(Irving Johnson)。

Last edited:
The oldest grave in Bukit Brown dated to as early as 1833, not 1844 as previously claimed. The headstone belongs to a man called Fang Shan, who died in 1833. Fang Shan's grave is looked after by the Fang Shee Association, a local clan association for those with the surname Fang.

There are many many graves that have been neglected for decades. Some buried under trees. Some have trees grown out of them.
Dated from 光绪 ~1875-1900 民国 ~1912-1949
There is one grave leading to Ong Sam Long's grave, that has been stepped so much it becomes part of a walk way.

Perhaps the descendant don't care, at least that should be looked after.

I dont mine going there for a shoot but best is in afternoon? Wanna spend more time there since we made our way down

But it is the rich and wealthy people that make Bukit Brown more 'important'?

TNP_21mar10photo2.JPG

I dont mine going there for a shoot but best is in afternoon? Wanna spend more time there since we made our way down

Afternoon may not be so good. It will very hot and humid. And as evening approaches I don't want to stay there... :eek: