temple11.jpg

temple22.jpg

The VIP
temple31.jpg

Dancers and the floats
temple41.jpg

dancers
temple51.jpg

Fireworks at the end of the parade :)( wasn't prepared for it and didn't have tripod beside me)
temple11.jpg

The ribbon cutting ceremony
temple12.jpg

Our president having a guided tour of the temple
temple13.jpg

The intricate architecture of temple
temple14.jpg

wow, thanks for sharing, it really looks grand. really regret missing the event.

Thanks for sharing!

this is easily my favourite shot! :thumbsup:

r u one of those official photographers walking around the VIP area?
did u manage to snap a picture of me in the crowded near the VIP area?
there was an official who was shooting at the crowd in my direction. :bsmilie:

if clone away the 'stop' sign, it will be so much more nicer!
I like its angle and perspective.

The colour and lightings of this temple is very nice

Thanks for sharing!

thanks, yup, but sorry I didn't shoot the crowd coz there's too much too much to shoot liao..

Thanks for sharing!

No entry sign ....:thumbsup:

;) composition may not be extraordinary but the subjects are. this is what i mean by the importance of the subject of interest.

would be good to clone off the shadow on her face. also framing slightly lower would be nice too although i like the background too, got to balance the two.

the fan shaped one is also my favorite.

The usage of the cloning tool to change the content in a documentary/journalism photo is to some extent a silent attestation of the photographer's character.

Photographs may not tell the truth, but they must be accurate.

The usage of the cloning tool to change the content in a documentary/journalism photo is to some extent a silent attestation of the photographer's character.

Photographs may not tell the truth, but they must be accurate.

is the capture of a festival not used in a documentary or a newspaper considered as a "documentary/journalism photo" in which the usage of cloning tool in identifiable structures is considered in appropriate?

Am I in the "Photojournalistic, Reportage" sub-forum?

it states "Reportage and Sports", but haven't you come across certain themes that falls no where and people find the closest sub-forum to fit in? anyway, i'm really interested in your view as to my question.

i'm afraid of over-slamming of photo manipulation without some critical thoughts about it. becos it is not the labelling that matters, but the nature and purpose of the photos which may not always be a stringent correlation to accuracy of the image capture. i think there is a case by case basis judged by some basic principles. if the above photo has an aeroplane which flew across, and it is cloned away, it does not subtract reality from it, becos the presence of the aeroplane has no direct implication of the reality. likewise if there is a piece of plastic bag that happens to roll over. however, in the above case, the no entry sign does tell a story and has its value of existence in the picture, it bears implication and should not be taken away, so are the lanterns, so are the lights, so are the HDB behind.... this is what i believe to be the nature correlated to the purpose of the photo - which is to depict the progression of a festival, which hence is described by the various elements of the festival.

given a case of travel advertisement versus a geographic documentary - they may shoot the same subject, but the nature and purpose may differ from one another.

Used or not used in a documentary or a newspaper, does not matter.
The structure is identifiable or not, does not matter.

The question is, whether it is appropriate.
Is it appropriate to clone away dust spots?
Is it appropriate to clone away a "No Entry" sign?

Used or not used in a documentary or a newspaper, does not matter.
The structure is identifiable or not, does not matter.

The question is, whether it is appropriate.
Is it appropriate to clone away dust spots?
Is it appropriate to clone away a "No Entry" sign?

i believe the purpose and the nature of the contents leads to the answer whether it is appropriate, when it is appropriate and why it is appropriate (or inappropriate, vice versa).

i believe the purpose and the nature of the contents leads to the answer whether it is appropriate, when it is appropriate and why it is appropriate (or inappropriate, vice versa).
I can say we finally have reached an agreement.. haha..

Is it appropriate to remove a mole on a person's face in a street photograph?
And is it appropriate to remove a mole on a person's face for an advertisement shoot?

I can say we finally have reached an agreement.. haha..

Is it appropriate to remove a mole on a person's face in a street photograph?
And is it appropriate to remove a mole on a person's face for an advertisement shoot?

depends on the purpose of the photograph for the portrait shot on the streets and its eventual output.

likewise for the advertisement. if the advertisement is for example to show that a mole removal procedure works (before and after), then it should not be photo manipulated.

that is why i say, sometimes the principle cannot be rigidly imposed based on broad categories, but rather the nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.