Bringing Out the Best in my Lens

NeoSnap102

Jun 17, 2010
Pasir Ris
Hi Guys just want to share some selected shoots that i took last time, i know its not the best but hopefully somehow it will help newbies like me to explore the knowledge ", advises would be much appriciated thanks. :angel:

36362_400871522522_745747522_4321266_1604927_n.jpg

36362_400871562522_745747522_4321273_5232421_n.jpg

36362_400871747522_745747522_4321304_3272507_n.jpg

somemore pics,sorry for quality as it has been resized.

36096_405615897522_745747522_4450901_5205413_n.jpg

36368_405616082522_745747522_4450911_6604416_n.jpg

36965_405616332522_745747522_4450926_2809206_n.jpg

61088_433842207522_745747522_5134118_5350874_n.jpg

41185_428429477522_745747522_5018262_3201338_n.jpg

Did you use a 50 f1.8? i find the bokeh disturbing. One common flaw in all your shots - the skintone. Try to have some catchlight in their eyes to bring out some life in them.

i dont think you bring justice to your lens. The shots are OOF.

ngck12 - Did you use a 50 f1.8? i find the bokeh disturbing. One common flaw in all your shots - the skintone. Try to have some catchlight in their eyes to bring out some life in them.

hi thanks for commenting ill note this one. im using 18-200 and 50mm f1.4.. :embrass: not an L thou. for skintone all the while i was using landscape picture style? to bring out sharpness but i think its not right hehe...

aaSKaa - i dont think you bring justice to your lens. The shots are OOF.

ohhh no dont shot me into pieces yet :sweat: i was only holding a toy gun now and not a bazooaakaa... :sweatsm: any good advises mybe...??? anyway we learn from the expert so just bring it on if i have enough bullet to fire back ill hunt you down hehe just kidding... Cheers Lets make the post as friendly as possible..

thanks ;)

take note on the cropping of the model's limbs
Skin tones are off
some images are oof
some catchlight would be good

ngck12 - Did you use a 50 f1.8? i find the bokeh disturbing. One common flaw in all your shots - the skintone. Try to have some catchlight in their eyes to bring out some life in them.

hi thanks for commenting ill note this one. im using 18-200 and 50mm f1.4.. :embrass: not an L thou. for skintone all the while i was using landscape picture style? to bring out sharpness but i think its not right hehe...

ohhh no dont shot me into pieces yet :sweat: i was only holding a toy gun now and not a bazooaakaa... :sweatsm: any good advises mybe...??? anyway we learn from the expert so just bring it on if i have enough bullet to fire back ill hunt you down hehe just kidding... Cheers Lets make the post as friendly as possible..

thanks ;)

I think it's not entirely because of 18-200mm lens..esp the oof part...there are people who used this lens and can get sharp pic --> Refer to Anson's pictures..

somemore pics,sorry for quality as it has been resized.
36096_405615897522_745747522_4450901_5205413_n.jpg

Mr. Neo, I like your 4th photo, Elaine. This is your best shot ! :lovegrin:

Look like the prettier the model, the better your photo is. :)

What did you do to our Sassy Cassey :confused:
So spooky. It looks like in a Halloween theme photoshoot.

Try to use flash to counter the green light from the window.

thanks ;)

Hmm... why do you even want to "fire back" and "hunt" ppl for pointing out and giving honest critics? :rolleyes:

If the purpose of this thread is to showcase the merits of your 18-200mm, you should put more effort to ensure shots are not OOF and technically ok.

Stop blaming your equipment. You didn't "bring out the best" in your lens - you should be bringing out the best in the models instead. All the shots I'm seeing here suffer from a lack of composition, whitebalance, etc, and this is not the fault of the lens.

nice try on the pics. Maybe cut down on the PP and do more shooting? I think you are enjoying the process, so keep it up.

Also, i think your reply was sensible and non-defensive. Yes, keep it up as a friendly place to be.

Not bad for a starter with reasonable good enough composition for most photos. just need to improve on WB and shoot more. by shooting more you will know where u go wrong. Definitely helps.
Oh another word of advice, ignore those superfluous comments who just want to desperately increase post count :thumbsd: that aint constructive and make this a friendly place. cheers. :D

Last edited:
Hi thanks for all the comments, im surprised my post is still in the first page ", all has been put into consideration, no worries im not pointing out and definitely not blaming any of my equipment hehe.. so just bring it on ", anyway how to reply all at once???? same as "eff7id" did

eff7id - What did you do to our Sassy Cassey

it just so happen that its halloween season now no worries i wont do it again to your Sassy Cassey till by next year halloween season ",d

to Jacephoto and janathann thanks for the tips and comments i appreciate it. its nice to have this kind of people around.

ill shoot more and do trial and error that hopully can WOW you guys on the next post. let the light be with me.

last question, anyone of you know whats the name of this girl? ive seen her last f1 race as model of LG

61135_433841902522_745747522_5134100_5601552_n.jpg

ignore those superfluous comments who just want to desperately increase post count that aint constructive and make this a friendly place. cheers.

Please kindly quote any of the critics here who are Desperately Seeking post count and making non-constructive comments and best part still maintain a friendly place. It seems Like i know most of them here are quite known in photography.

It takes one to know another......:dunno:

Please kindly quote any of the critics here who are Desperately Seeking post count and making non-constructive comments and best part still maintain a friendly place. It seems Like i know most of them here are quite known in photography.

It takes one to know another......:dunno:

I actually mean non constructive comment and ask TS to maintain this a friendly place. Both comment not to be read together.

It doesn't necessary takes one to know another. One does not need to taste sh1t to know it doesn't taste good. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi thanks for all the comments, im surprised my post is still in the first page ", all has been put into consideration, no worries im not pointing out and definitely not blaming any of my equipment hehe.. so just bring it on ", anyway how to reply all at once???? same as "eff7id" did

eff7id - What did you do to our Sassy Cassey

it just so happen that its halloween season now no worries i wont do it again to your Sassy Cassey till by next year halloween season ",d

ill shoot more and do trial and error that hopully can WOW you guys on the next post. let the light be with me.

last question, anyone of you know whats the name of this girl? ive seen her last f1 race as model of LG[/B]

Hi Mr. Neo, regarding my words about Halloween one, no hurt feeling. I am just kidding :)

"anyway how to reply all at once???? same as "eff7id" did"
Click Multi-QT+ on several post that you want to reply, after that click reply.

I believe you would give us a WOW, I am waiting for that !!

The girls name ... :sweat: Why don't you ask by yourself on the first time you met her ? ....