Brilliant PZ46 or Nissin Di622

this is already a necessity for every flash, Brilliant can do that too.... however on the other Nissin, there is one side which is NOT able to turn that much. limitation

yup i was shocked it could rotate 180 deg and face the shooter LOL

well said! i fully agree with ur statements lol! ya in terms of built i would say it lose out, but in terms of functionality its fantastic, it can support blasts modes of multiple shots too. frankly i'm pretty shocked by it. didnt expect a Brilliant at such a pricing can do so much. at least it works really well for me.

i suspect our bro clubsnapper Jando have BOUGHT A SPOILT COPY. its just an unfortunate incident i guess. sometimes it does happens. tsk tsk.

anyway cheers! btw sunpak i heard bout it too.. havent got a chance though. cant comment.

i must admit that the Brilliant's AF Assist Light isn't spot on but mount a telezoom on it and it's approx at the centre of the frame.

I've been using cheap 3rd party flashes and yes, the Brilliant flash lacks in build quality. even the cheaper Yong Nuo YN460 Mark II feels much solid beside it. However, the Brilliant flash has got every function that you'll need, even the 2nd curtain flash which, not all 3rd party flashes supports.

At the price that i got it at, no major complains from me. You might want to try the Sunpak -> http://bit.ly/cCxmZO
Oh yes, the Brilliant flashed worked on the 30D/40D/50D and 5D MkII. Haven't tried any other models but since it can work with the 5D MkII, should be safe.

Oh, rather sorry to hear about Jando's misfortunate issue with the flash.
Btw, Nissin is a definitely a Japanese brand, judging from its name, but unevitably, it is also made in China, as you can see for yourself at the carved-in label on the flash itself.

Maybe you should have gotten your spoilt set replaced...

Currently, I still don't have any complaints about it yet...

this is already a necessity for every flash, Brilliant can do that too.... however on the other Nissin, there is one side which is NOT able to turn that much. limitation

ohh hmm the last flash i handled was a 430ex and it could only do 90