Breaking News! Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a little nostalgia reading about the K-01 as I've just sold $8,000 worth of Pentax equipment, having moved to NEX. If Pentax had come out with this earlier, I would probably never have moved.

However, I still have the KX, FA77, DA40, Tamron 90 and Sigma 8-16 in K-mount. Now, it looks like I'll sell the KX once the K-01 is officially announced and plough my now bulging bank account into the K-01 to use it with my remaining lenses.

The trigger point for me selling off my Pentax equipment came about 2 months ago, when I acquired a M-Mount Zeiss 35mm F2 lens and adapted it to my NEX 5N. At that point I was content to mostly use the 5N with my adapted Pentax lenses and the K5 for more (but rare) demanding situations. The Zeiss blew me away. Portraits just popped off the screen with super sharp resolution and the backgroup dropped dramatically into blur creating more 3D effect that I have ever seen... and the Zeiss was cheaper (bought in the U.S.) than my FA31. Both my FA31 and DA40 are really sharp lenses, but don't give me that look that I now like. The FA77 has some of that look and I'm glad I still have it. So I sold off most of my Pentax equipment to fund more Zeiss and perhaps Leica lenses. The NEX 5N and Zeiss 35mm also look and feel very elegant and are very balanced, rivalling the snazziest looking Olympus M4/3 setups (don't even talk about Panasonic).

There is now a 90%+ probability I will buy the K-01. My only dream now is that it would look like the Pentax ME/MX film SLR series in chrome and black. I would happily pay up to S$2,000 for such a body.

RMS value Zeiss lens wor hahaha,契爺

Exciting news fr our close knitted pentax community

But for me im not sure with easy - to - plunge resale values for bodies, how quickly I would be goin to replace my kx with recently installed k3 split screen

ESP when my wallet isn't thick

Haha, shall wait for In depth review first

Haha. Now if we could only see the other 96%

Oh yeah...really kinda like a girl wearing super short mini skirt. Can see something but cannot see everything...that's what keep one excited. :p~~

felixcat8888 said:
Why not 85mm F1.4? or better still 135mm F1.8

Why can't the just relaunch all the Pentax Greats, only improvised a little bit and maintain size? :p

DA*135 1.8, DA*85 1.4, DA*55 1.4, DA*35 1.4, DA*24 1.4... :p

Filter thread size: 49mm
Aperture blades: Min. 9
WR and all that nonsense... :p

Such a wish.. I'd buy all in a heartbeat.. LoL!!

Why can't the just relaunch all the Pentax Greats, only improvised a little bit and maintain size? :p

DA*135 1.8, DA*85 1.4, DA*55 1.4, DA*35 1.4, DA*24 1.4... :p

Filter thread size: 49mm
Aperture blades: Min. 9
WR and all that nonsense... :p

Such a wish.. I'd buy all in a heartbeat.. LoL!!

We already have a DA*55/1.4 kekeke

felixcat8888 said:
We already have a DA*55/1.4 kekeke

Yea... I was just stating the whole wish lines...! :D But I'd say, hold up $2000.... More DA* coming... Haha!

But I know an 85 f/1.4 is impossible to have thread size 49mm.. The maths equation dictates so.. Haha!

Last edited:
Hahaha!!! That's the Singapore dream man!! Keep dreaming, nothing will materialize.. :p

looks like the "leaks" are really coming together.

Pentax K-01 to be announced on February 2nd, 2012 | Photo Rumors

its really a marc newson design and the press had received invitations for a "private preview" on 2 Feb.

i think regardless of the rumours, speculations and discussions out there, one thing is likely: the design is going to look pretty interesting :)

*Drooling*.....K-01......*Howling*

Every year there are new bodies been released, Do we really need
to upgrade to new body or we upgrade our shooting skills ?

Any idea about the launching prices on this K-01? My guess should be somewhere closer to the initial luanch of Kr? $700-$800 with the Xtra Slim DA 40 Ltd? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.