Bought new lens got dust can swap?

defelio

Oct 18, 2007
Hi guys, wanna ask the lao jiao what is the shop's stand to swap lens if the lens got speck of dust inside? Do they allow you to swap?

Hi guys, wanna ask the lao jiao what is the shop's stand to swap lens if the lens got speck of dust inside? Do they allow you to swap?

Chances are no, unless its like so much dust and it affects your image. Else if its just a speck, its normal and no cause for concern.

honestly, don't bother. Dust rarely, if ever affects images unless the specks are the size of coins :p

see the shop.

frankly though, you have no right to swap. lenses are not airtight, so whatever dust was inside, unless it is like a mountain...... could have been introduced after the sale.

Depends on your relationship with the store!

As many have asked, did you try using it and does it affect the photo?

Even if swap, quite impossible you will get one that is dust free.

As many have asked, did you try using it and does it affect the photo?

Even if swap, quite impossible you will get one that is dust free.

and stay dust free for that matter

Whoa, thanks for all the replies!

Tanjohan - point noted.

PrimePhotog - coin size i will take photo for all to see liaoz =P

night86mare - I see, what do you meant by mountain?

Glador - i did look through both ends, it under closer examination under a warm lamp light then did notice the speck of dust.

Blur Shadow - know the shop guy as he was my ex classmate but not close la.

Ahbian - try liao, yah no point swapping since now then i know dust can go in during use..

by mountain i meant to exaggerate.

like, if the dust is really present in huge amounts, i.e. you have dustballs in your lens, or more than a few specks, e.g. the entire interior of lens has a layer of dust.

by mountain i meant to exaggerate.

like, if the dust is really present in huge amounts, i.e. you have dustballs in your lens, or more than a few specks, e.g. the entire interior of lens has a layer of dust.

hahaha:bsmilie:

personal experience: i bought my tamron 17-50 2.8. at first didnt realise anything was wrong, until i was shooting some stuff tat required long exposure, or against white background. realsied my photos had consistent specks that were very distracting. turns out after testing against a pure white bg, it was dust inside lens.

wad did i do? i sent to tamron service center (somewhere around changi? cant remember) and had it fixed. also got them to tighten my lens as the front is wobbly. now its as good as new.

dun need go exchange. send to servicing will be better. they can help u clean inside and recalibrate if needed.

If only a few small specks, chances of the shop entertaining you is close to zero.

Any proof that the dust was not introduced before the sale ?
Guess not, that why the shop will say its your handling that causes the dust in the lens :cry: