Born free - Flight series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccplim

Jan 6, 2004
BN
www.avianwatchasia.org
Sharing some of my birds in flight pictures (all taken handheld). Results are way below average but I am very happy that I get the chance to shoot with a great team. :)

Pic #1
09102004-049.jpg

Pic #2
09102004-055.jpg

Pic #3
09102004-056.jpg

Pic #4
09102004-067.jpg

Bro, handholding the 50-500 is no joke! :thumbsup: Well done! I like #3 the most.

Digiman said:
Bro, handholding the 50-500 is no joke! :thumbsup: Well done! I like #3 the most.

Thank you bro digiman. It's tough but no choice. I hardly have chance to setup my equipment on the tripod as we were travelling in vehicle and the moment you step out of the car, the will fly further away.

Btw, weather was so so that day and I am pretty lucky to get a few with blue sky :)

Wow :bigeyes: , nice. I like those shots of the Black Kite you got there :thumbsup: .

harlequin2902 said:
Wow :bigeyes: , nice. I like those shots of the Black Kite you got there :thumbsup: .

Thanks bro! Someday, you will get the chance to do it too ;)

Quality is still ok for record shots what. :D At least you have done it before. Next time sure will have better luck, step by step.

2100 said:
Quality is still ok for record shots what. :D At least you have done it before. Next time sure will have better luck, step by step.

Thanks for the encouragement bro! The hardest part is to get bigma to focus correctly :sweat:

All kites family. #1-5 = Black Kite

#6 = Brahminy Kite

#8 is a Black-shouldered Kite.

As for #7, it appears to be a Ciconiidae. An Adjutant perhaps?!.

Hope I got the ID right.

Jeff said:
All kites family. #1-5 = Black Kite

#6 = Brahminy Kite

#8 is a Black-shouldered Kite.

As for #7, it appears to be a Ciconiidae. An Adjutant perhaps?!.

Hope I got the ID right.

Thanks for the ID Jeff. Really appreciate that :)

Newguy69 said:
That is what I called "The sky is the limit" shots. Nice catch man :thumbsup:

Cheers

Kam sia bro. Still got a long way to go :) Hope to get more chance to practice.

Wah bro so our effort is well worth it.

Nice flight shots there, got potential and with practice u should get even better results. :thumbsup: Getting good flight shots is a tricky affair with the Bigma. My picks are #1 and #5. Jeff is spot on with the IDs, #7 is an LA Stork.

Garion said:
Nice flight shots there, got potential and with practice u should get even better results. :thumbsup: Getting good flight shots is a tricky affair with the Bigma. My picks are #1 and #5. Jeff is spot on with the IDs, #7 is an LA Stork.

Thanks for the encouragement bro. It is really not easy with bigma. Especially, your heart will start to sink will you hear the lens starting to hunt and cannot get a lock on.

Digiman said:

Btw, I just remembered that my setup that day was bigma + flash + extender + bracket + external batt pack for flash. Imagine how heavy the setup was :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.