'Bomb in boots' comment causes family to miss holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
U forget to add, "Probably zero apologies on the security personnel's part as well."

Laugh it out my friend, but I believe u'd heard this question before, "Has anyone or anybody touched your luggage prior to your travel?" as well as "Did you pack your own luggage or anyone packed your luggage for you? How can you be sure of this?"

Stupid questions to most of u right? There's a real life case to back up da justification of these 2 questions BTW. ;)
got stats of ppl who found the qns stupid?

even the customs officers like to vent their bad days at work on innocent ppl, I've been man handled by one such orcifer. out right rude and spoils the image of customs.

Ur side: "I've been man handled by one such orcifer. out right rude and spoils the image of customs."

I wonder what's the customs officer perspective.... :think:

Security personnels are humans with gut feelings. If there's something about u that doesn't feel right, they will simply single u out. Its a matter of experience. Its like there are some people whom u encounter, and on the first look, there's something abt the guy u wun like. U can't explain it, but its strange. A kind of unexplained 'vibe'.

The difference between u and a security personnel? U can choose to ignore or dislike that guy. The security personnel have to pick 'em out for checks, probably 'manhandling' them in the process.

U want me to start a poll on those 2 questions? :bsmilie:

Ur side: "I've been man handled by one such orcifer. out right rude and spoils the image of customs."

ok my story:
sitting as front passenger in car thru customs at the car check. the jam was terrible so I was half asleep, he came knock hard on my window. i wind down and asked "yes sir?" he just said "come out, come out"

"ok lor.." i thought.. i unbuckle my seat belt and he was like "come out" again. then when I got out he quickly grab my waist pouch and "do you smoke? got smoke a not? got smoke?" like a rapid fire MG. then i said "no" then he said "turn around, turn around" getting a bit agitated..

I was thinking "WTF" ok i turned around he started touching my back pocket, front pocket, patting my back, sleeve and down my pants and i assume that's a body search. "
Were they supposed to ASK or TELL before searching? and body search from the back? that's a first for me

Ok.. never mind.. then he tried to open my pouch. I tied the zipper together so it cannot be opened easily (theft deterent as I was in JB shopping) then he got very agitated now and started yanking the zipper on the pouch STILL ON MY WAIST. Then he raised his voice and "open it. OPEN IT!" I opened the pouch, and he started digging inside, my wallet, PDA phone, tissue all inside.. and mind you, the waist pouch was on hanging on my waist and in FRONT of me. I didn't really like him putting his hand INTO my pouch digging at somewhere near my *ahem*. then after that, he said, "Take out the things"

Out came the phone, wallet and tissue, and he see liao.. ok he went to flip up the car mats in the front seat, didn't put anything back properly and and just left. In my mind i was like swearing at him.

Do I know him? NO. Do I owe him a living? NO. He chose this job and he should know that he will be interacting with PEOPLE making him in the same line as CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICERS. shhesssh.. what are they teaching those kids these days.

EDIT: ok lor.. he had a bad day, jam was bad, air quality at that place was bad. So? take it out on me? I think the car behind me didn't have a good time as well, though I didnt' stay long enough to see it.

I think CAAS should make a public apology and clarify the "illegal" words not to be used..its not even in the Singapore law..so many sets of laws, which to follow? :think:

The funny thing is I recall a news broadcast saying that they had the right under law to detain people for saying the word "bomb". I found that quite amusing as I suspect it is just a way to hoodwink people.

The security personels involved in this incident, if their actions were indeed as described, should be fired. There are no 2 ways about it. If the policy said if certain words were said twice, the utterer of said words must be detained, then, the policy write's head should be examined, then fired.

Security is very important, but this episode actually made a mockery of security.

Security personnels are humans with gut feelings. If there's something about u that doesn't feel right, they will simply single u out. Its a matter of experience. Its like there are some people whom u encounter, and on the first look, there's something abt the guy u wun like. U can't explain it, but its strange. A kind of unexplained 'vibe'.

The difference between u and a security personnel? U can choose to ignore or dislike that guy. The security personnel have to pick 'em out for checks, probably 'manhandling' them in the process.

U want me to start a poll on those 2 questions? :bsmilie:
That does give the security right to be rude or being abusive right :sweat: :think:

The funny thing is I recall a news broadcast saying that they had the right under law to detain people for saying the word "bomb". I found that quite amusing as I suspect it is just a way to hoodwink people.
and best part is they asked you to repeat it to up the count.

so if you don't repeat it, they add another some 'disobedience-to-law-enforcer' sentence?!?

That explain the standard drop?..not even 2nd place for world class airport..:think:

I totally dont understand why they ask you to repeat and then say because you said it twice, you had it. If they say repeat cos they didn't hear you properly, then okay lor.

so if you don't repeat it, they add another some 'disobedience-to-law-enforcer' sentence?!?

we mus know te right word;)

I totally dont understand why they ask you to repeat and then say because you said it twice, you had it. If they say repeat cos they didn't hear you properly, then okay lor.

well...ask them what word they want you to repeat and hopefully they say the word.. then you say "sorry i din catch you...what was it you wanted me to repeat?". then if they say the word again, have them arrested :bsmilie:

Ah this is a very good counter!! :) thumbs up for u.

well...ask them what word they want you to repeat and hopefully they say the word.. then you say "sorry i din catch you...what was it you wanted me to repeat?". then if they say the word again, have them arrested :bsmilie:

say also die, dun say also die... how?

i think next time i get my lawyer's number just in case, then hope they will have this line...

You may choose to remain silent, but whatever you say will be used against you... thank god i will keep my god damn mouth shut...

something like wadda think you think i think you think i think ..infinity.. that i said? :bsmilie:

When one is a mere digit of an organisation and who is confined to doing a 'routine' job, no one will ever notice his existence; not until he pulls a stunt.

Too bad, some stunts work, some don't. Obviously, a stunt which could have possibly earned him a point or two above his peers has gone awfully wrong and the poor chap is probably getting a lot of 'recognition' for his work now for all the wrong reasons.

Moral of the story - 'kiang jiu ho, mai kay kiang'. :nono:

Unfortunately, we will never know the real side of this story unless we were there ourselves. Who knows, maybe the woman was acting offensive, pissed the security staff (who may well be a part timer) and the staff simply wanted to get back at her. Not saying that the security is right though, but I kinda feel that we have to empathise with these security people. Whole day check bag check bag check bag check bag. :p

To yanyewkay: Man, that orcifer is really too much. I remember one incident too, back when i was younger, i was real skinny and pale and people always said i looked like a druggie (i'm not ok, i rather spend money to buy good lens!). Once i went to our neighbouring country for a mountaineering trip with a group of friends. On the way back, Singapore customs guy asked if i smoked, i said no, then asked, "You sure? You have anything to declare?" in a kinda unfriendly tone, and proceeded to open up my bag and poured everything out. Lo and behold, 2 days worth of dirty and muddy laundry fell out and he nearly puked. Wahahahhaha. Had to pack everything back but the look on his face was more than worth it man.

Sometimes I think the guys at the customs must be so bored at their jobs until they don't what they are doing anymore. One weekend I came back from the other side at the causeway checkpoint. As I wanted to skip the long queue at the immigration counter, I decided to use my access card instead. For some unknown reason, I got stuck at the gantry and was called to the counter at the end of the gantry. The guy at the counter asked for my passport so I showed it to him. As he was flipping through the passport, he asked me, " Citizen or PR?" I was like DUH?? He asked me again quite impatiently, " Citizen or PR?" So I gave him the are-you-stupid-look and replied," Red passport how to be PR?" The guy looked at me like he was stunned for a while, then said, " Oh yah.... Sorry..."

Status
Not open for further replies.