'Bomb in boots' comment causes family to miss holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
those people all siow on lah....

One time I wore a "gun" buckle on my belt, they took it away from me and returned it to me at the end of the flight! I was beltless for 12 hours. :sticktong

hiya of course lah.... post 911, every small thing u can kanna..... esp if you say the word bomb. Other factors that are likely to get you detained?

Praying before taking the flight.... that one sure kanna one.... Someone did that and whole lot kanna barred from plane. The next time they took the plane and they prayed, again kanna barred from plane.

I had a pair of boots that had metal heel supports, set off many security scanners..
Ended up kena checked every time, walking through scanners with my socks only..
Kinda gave up travelling with that pair after a while..

But then I somehow always get the "random" security check..
Must be my friendly smile and sunny disposition.. NOT! ;p

Se-ka-li it's a pair of $800 Jimmy Choos or Manolo Blahnik heels? Then how? :bsmilie:

Se-ka-li someone's name is 'James Bomb' then how? Cannot take plane or appear in airport is it?

I think it's crazy lah.

If someone really wants to bomb the plane, why would the person tell people at the customs casually?

say you just passed the security check and suddenly see your friend Jack infront and call out

'Hi Jack!'

*beep beep beep beep ... *

:bsmilie:
Good one! :thumbsup:

one day we'll need to deploy enough personnels to know all the languages on this earth so that actions can be taken immediately when someone mentions the word in any other languages

Actually, did any of the bomber mentioned about bomb or detonation before flight??? Should be none right? Since they try to concseal it? So why all the big hoo ha about those word related to bomb? :dunno:

To Deceased, who posted a long version of the original letter at
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=270706

Where did you get your source from? Was it relesaed in the media or somewhere? it sure contains more information that we are given in the news report

To Deceased, who posted a long version of the original letter at
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=270706

Where did you get your source from? Was it relesaed in the media or somewhere? it sure contains more information that we are given in the news report

probably from the same source in post #1

hiya of course lah.... post 911, every small thing u can kanna..... esp if you say the word bomb. Other factors that are likely to get you detained?

Praying before taking the flight.... that one sure kanna one.... Someone did that and whole lot kanna barred from plane. The next time they took the plane and they prayed, again kanna barred from plane.

If you fly Royal Brunei, they actually say prayers on the PA system before take off.

I once experienced a few religious people praying in mid flight. They were doing it at the back of the plane near the galley. I'm not sure if that is allowed anymore post 9/11.

Like all civil servants, the security is doing what they does best : J

ust Follow Law.

Punishment for them should be watching Jack Neo's movie 100 times, till they puke. :p

say you just passed the security check and suddenly see your friend Jack infront and call out

'Hi Jack!'

*beep beep beep beep ... *
brrr~~~ so cold..... tokyo snowing ah?

i think most times you'd never see this side of the customs or immigration but sometimes, somehow innocently even when you follow the rules (maybe they just had bad day), these people can behave rather unruly. However, it is extremely prejudiced which is quite sad to see as if you look ang moh then no problems but if you look like you're from a poor country then they speak to you in a different tone.

i was behind this maid the last time, and immediately she was picked upon etc. because her english was poor, so think these officers have a LOONG way to go for services standards. the bomb words are just an excuse that allows them to screw you but overall, the service could seriously improve.

how welcoming to go to some countries where the immigration welcomes you with a smile and a welcome to singapore notion. oh... have you EVER heard that from immigration for those foreigners? (i'm Malaysian, technically foreigner).

next time while queueing for scanning better don listen to William Hung's Shake your "Bon Bon"
or else if you sing out loud the security may ask you to repeat and claim that you say "Bom" 4 times.

I think the tight security is good (it's for the lives of hundreds of ppl).
However i wonder why they can't verify on the spot whether the family carry bomb or not.
If they can hold back the whole family to scan from head to toe to check for bomb and yet cannot confirm that they have no bomb to board the plan => what's the point of swift scanning of others ?

Security: Do you carry any bomb?
Lady: No, I did not carry any bomb with me
Security: You sure you do not have any bomb?
Lady: Yes, I'm sure I do not have any bomb
Security: Ah ha! You said "bomb" twice, I'm going to detain you!

Status
Not open for further replies.