Body of missing China girl found: Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
jsbn said:
I'm not sure if u'd noticed. But if u'd not, time to sit up to take note.

Whilst things look nice on paper. In Asia, the social thinking tend to lean on a "Guilty until proven Innocent" mentality.

Not trying to pick a fight. But juz to point out the alternate reality of life.
Yes, this is what they also had in the West long ago: killing witches eventhough the evidence was based on superstitious assumptions. Now we know that there are no witches.........(well some still believe in hem).

What I find astonishing here is that people have easy opinions about others.......who said that the guy is guilty? It has still to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Maybe he was not alone, or he was an accomplice that knew where he body was buried, there are still other possibilities. It is not the first time a person has been convicted wrongly....it is also not the first time that a guilty peson has been freed too because of improper/unsufficient evidence. What I meant to say is that we are bystanders and shouldn't make remarks without knowing the evidence. It is still all assuming...and the law is all that we have to have a reasonable working society.

Although I once asked a lawyer this: how would you feel if you KNEW the person you are defending did the act, but you managed to get him free? He answered that for law: it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt...but thats the way we have chosen how the law should work. This is to protect people from being convicted wrongly, you know how many people in the US are being imprisoned wrongly?.....you would be surprised! So even then, this system is imperfect, but yet we don't have a better one (yet).

Another thing is that there are posts here about pointing the way the mother lived her life, you may not agree to her way of life, well too bad. But thats her way/choice of life, how do you know how she lived exactly? We only have the newspaper reports (which can be incomplete). She may be living a prudent life, trying to work hard just to get her child to school. She had to go back to China for some urgent thing (yes, a wrong decision to leave her child alone it turns out to be)....are we all so perfect people that we can judge how others live their life?

Hong Sien

Hi! I think this case is still not yet done. Something seems to be more than meets the eye. Mr Took seems to be keeping mum about something. So far, if I'm not wrong, there should be some other person involved and he seems not letting it out at the moment. :(

The mother has the responsibility to keep her daughter from harm. She left the girl in her workplace (wholesale centre) to wander all over the place and with strangers, albeit friends. Nowadays, looks can be deceiving and the human heart cannot be predicted... she is too small and defenceless, ... but all this is already too late.

serene said:
The mother has the responsibility to keep her daughter from harm. She left the girl in her workplace (wholesale centre) to wander all over the place and with strangers, albeit friends. Nowadays, looks can be deceiving and the human heart cannot be predicted... she is too small and defenceless, ... but all this is already too late.
Singapore is not a safe place after all?....Need to start to find the statistics about the number of killings here (excluding death penalties lah!)....the number of cases written in the newspaper about killings done here is astonishing. Either they don't write about it in Holland or there are just less killings there? Not sure about other countries,.........

Just some OT here: I have the idea that people here tend to be more hot tempered (as in: easily getting angry for the smallest thing) than in Europe (specially chinese, sorry to be specific, but this is from my own observation, not sure either if this is because there are just more chinese around here, but generally I find malays much more polite to start with).....is this because of the hot weather or are we brought up with this idea that a man has to be, hmmmm....well, a man, thus including being macho etc.....and the smaller the men, the more they have to prove themselves????.........some sing society sociology here...

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
Singapore is not a safe place after all?....Need to start to find the statistics about the number of killings here (excluding death penalties lah!)....the number of cases written in the newspaper about killings done here is astonishing. Either they don't write about it in Holland or there are just less killings there? Not sure about other countries,.........

Just some OT here: I have the idea that people here tend to be more hot tempered (as in: easily getting angry for the smallest thing) than in Europe (specially chinese, sorry to be specific, but this is from my own observation, not sure either if this is because there are just more chinese around here, but generally I find malays much more polite to start with).....is this because of the hot weather or are we brought up with this idea that a man has to be, hmmmm....well, a man, thus including being macho etc.....and the smaller the men, the more they have to prove themselves????.........some sing society sociology here...
Hong Sien

I have met Westerners (Europeans) who are graceful and patient. I have also met Americans and Chinese in the same temperature zone (same climatic conditions) who are loud and pushy. I think it is the environment and the society.. and who one is dealing with.

did Took really led the police to the box? it wasnt stated in yesterday's papers...all they say is the police found the box. hmmm.... :dunno:

Anyone knows how he can escape spore while under investigation and without passport? Seems like its quite easy to bypass all the security measures. This is one part that seems to be overshadowed by the main case. It does not reflect well on how we handle homeland security.

Also OT, the recent case of a woman being beated up for protection money. At this day and age!? In modern Spore?? What's happening to our police force? :bheart:

something puzzled me...

if "ah how" killed that girl, how dare him surrender to police? I am sure he knows Singapore law is death sentence for those who found guilty of killing. :dunno: If he really did kill the girl, he should have gone far far (in fact, he did already fun away from Singapore)...but surrender? He has family and child... :dunno:

might be another sinister plot behind everything....nobody will know unless someone involves spill the beans.

like wat king said...its strange if Ah How juz simply surrendered and took the rap. Maybe there's another mastermind who threaten to harm his family or a promised sum of $, so he have no choice but to take the rap. Or issit juz plain guilt to lead him to surrender, afterall he may have his own reasons to get back at huangna's mum? (since they were quite close as reported in papers). There are too many possibilities to call any real...unless more clues appear, if not im afraid he's gonna be punished as "schduled".
:nono:

kex said:
Kho king- what interrogation methods would u suggest the police to use to get a suspect confess ?

Invite him over to istana(our president residence) for a dinner ask him politely ?
Even Anwar got a black eye from the convicted Police chief~

I aimn't police officer, but as a civilian, I don't think that's the right thing to do it that happen to me or anyone. Forced to confess guilty? What if the suspect is innocent? Not talking about ah how here, but just a general case.

He probably hope to get a lighter sentence by surrendering. Probably his conscience was troubling him and he is getting his family into the trouble...
Anyway, history is full of murderers who chose to confess and surrender.

serene said:

Exactly my point! No responsible mother would do that even her kids are streetsmart. Her mother should really be blamed for the part of the incident. If not for her negligence, the girl would not have died. I have no condolence for her mother but the dead child..Rest in peace...

well, every three days, theres a rape case in singapore...
and in most cases, victim knows the offending party.
Then how? No girls are allowed to have male friends? :dunno:

stingraytan said:
well, every three days, theres a rape case in singapore...
and in most cases, victim knows the offending party.
Then how? No girls are allowed to have male friends? :dunno:

At such a young age, she should not have any adult male friends right? Anyway, felt this whole incident should not have happened. The poor girl was left on her own, dine at hawker centre alone one km away, spent her time after school among workers at the Wholesale cente. She should be kept mostly at home doing her homework. Until she is old enough to care and think for herself. Anyone here who is a parent will understand.

didn't read the news...so she got raped ? ah how is the murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.