Blurred Images.... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paxluv

Nov 26, 2005
California, USA
I am having a hard time getting this image sharpened... It's supposed to be sort of a film strip...But you can't really tell what's going on because it's blurry... Can anyone help me out and see how I can fix it on Photoshop??:confused:

wrestlingstripcopy.jpg

on video camera, they take 25 or 29.94 frames per sec, select the best few frames if you need.

cos the camera was moving while shooting, on the video will look good cos the frame is not static like now, its a continous movement, so our eyes just link one to the next on the same frame, so it seems smooth, unlike now...

actually.... thinking for a while... i think only 2 things u can do if u got the original capture...

1 is to make a animate gif of the images.

2 is to get more pictures, i think 5 pics does not tell too much of a story, maybe you could do with 10, and from start to end, get the time, for eg, 5 seconds, den get pics from 0s, 0.5s, 1s, 1.5s, 2s, 2.5s, 3s, 3.5s, 4s, 4.5s, 5s. den u can compare the images with a smooth flow.

the only photoshop i could think of now is to use lasso to highlight the 2 wrestlers, den gaussian blur the background.

paxluv said:
They're stills taken from a video camera....??
On a video camera, each frame is made up of 2 fields which is 1/50s (PAL) or 1/60s (NTSC) apart. When they combine to make a frame, since the odd lines and the even lines are captured at different timings, therefore, if the object is moving, the alternate lines will not match up which is why you get the blur.

Maybe you can try to use the de-interlace filter in Photoshop or GIMP. I use GIMP because it is free. In GIMP, the deinterlace filter can be found under Filters->Enhanced->Deinterlace. You should apply this filter on the original frame size, it will not work if you have already resized/resampled the images.

Status
Not open for further replies.