blue skies n clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bariq

Dec 6, 2004
Kallang
www.pbase.com
Hi,

How can i fix the pics which have over exposed sky (white in color) in photoshop. I have tried using the magic wand to select the sky and set feather=8 and adjusted the levels, but the part where the sky and the subject meets is having a distinguishable line showing that the pic was processed. How can i achieve nice blue skies without any noticible selection areas in ps ? Or how to adjust the levels without any noticible selection areas?

Thanks in advance

bariq said:
Hi,

How can i fix the pics which have over exposed sky (white in color) in photoshop. I have tried using the magic wand to select the sky and set feather=8 and adjusted the levels, but the part where the sky and the subject meets is having a distinguishable line showing that the pic was processed. How can i achieve nice blue skies without any noticible selection areas in ps ? Or how to adjust the levels without any noticible selection areas?

Thanks in advance

i may be wrong abt this - however, if an area of a pic is overexposed, dat will mean dat the details are all lost. there's very little dat PS can do, IIRC. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
i may be wrong abt this - however, if an area of a pic is overexposed, dat will mean dat the details are all lost. there's very little dat PS can do, IIRC. :think:

ok agreed, now think that there are white clouds on very light blue sky. Details are there but dont look prominant and i want to bring out the details by adjusting levels, color, curves and whatever is available without leaving any trace of noticible clue that ps was done.

thanks

ThomasD said:
you can play around with the cyan or blue in hue/saturation adjustment. :)

Tats the problem, when i select the sky with the magic wand and due some level or curve or hue/saturation adjustment it leaves a visible tweak line right at the point where the sky n the subject meets. I want some tip/trick which will give me nice looking sky n clouds without the line appearing :)

cheers

AReality said:
I can do it for a kopi treat.. :)

sure can, kopi treat it is then. Its not you doing it but giving me some tip on how to do it :bsmilie:

bariq said:
sure can, kopi treat it is then. Its not you doing it but giving me some tip on how to do it :bsmilie:
Haha.. depends on the amount of overexposure. Show me the foto & I can teach u how.

:)

bariq said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Possible to have the sample file and see what we can help :think: :)

pic with light blue sky n some clouds. how to make the sky more blue and get the details of the clouds
original.jpg

over exposed, wb out pic... the tough nut
original.jpg

This is the one tweaked, but on the left hand side, you can see the temple edges appear to be tweaked..
original.jpg

Added clouds to this pic, but still my lousy ps skill, can see the tweak at the contact point of clouds n the temple
original.jpg

Appreciate any tricks n tips... banged my head on the wall for long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.