Blue Dragonfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCheong

Dec 13, 2003
Visit site
I was strolling along the neighbourhood park when I saw something deep blue fluttering around. Thinking its a butterfly, I stopped to watch if it would land. Landed it did, and turned out to be the most beautiful dragonfly I ever saw. A rich metallic blue, the first time I've seen anything like this. The shots hardly do it justice:

DragonflyMetalBlue03.jpg

DragonflyMetalBlue.jpg

#1 Nice shot, but background is quite messy, this however is unavoidable.
#2 Nice close up shot, pity that the wings are abit OOF

Nice. :thumbsup: I like the blue. Never encounter a blue dragonfly before.

I agree it's a very beautiful dragonfly. These colors are not easy to capture :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing these beauty.

Thanks for your kind comments guys, they are very much appreciated.

Nice close up shot, pity that the wings are abit OOF

Couldnt help the DOF Adrian, I was shooting in the wind and the df was swaying like crazy. These were shot with the EF 75-300mm + 25mm Ext. tube and EF500D

the background in the first shot is pretty cool actually. better than a messy oof background which already has a shallow dof. ;)

Hello Bob, very interesting color dragonfly.

nice catch

I really like #1, i don't mind the messy bg and OOF wings
somehow it all gels together

thanks for sharing

Very beautiful DF indeed! Good catch!

Thank you Metallilan, Abdul, Ortega Tchuanye. I'm glad you like the shots guys. I finally got help in IDing it. Its a Rhyothemis triangularis (Sapphire Flutterer). Its not commonly seen as it lives in the forest, near ponds and swampy areas. Its NOT supposed to be found in a neighbourhood park! Dang DF must be looking for me LOL.

rare indeed. I had never seen them b4. Bob , you stay near Sun Plaza? I always pratice my shot in the neighbourhood parks near my block too.

DeSwitch said:
rare indeed. I had never seen them b4. Bob , you stay near Sun Plaza? I always pratice my shot in the neighbourhood parks near my block too.

I stay in Tampines Deswitch. Just happened to pass by Sun Plaza and popped in to see what I can find there.

BobCheong said:
I stay in Tampines Deswitch. Just happened to pass by Sun Plaza and popped in to see what I can find there.
Thanks for sharing your shots...a rare dragonfly indeed...

BobCheong said:

so lucky. I stay ard there also cannot spot this Dragonfly.

Thank you John. This is like the blind chicken who catches a worm, just my lucky day I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.