Black Spots from my K-x

how they charge ah if under warrenty ?

i'm like blowing like crazy on the sensor and the spot is getting lighter and lighter ... think the dust is gone already, is the leftover mark ... zzzz

how they charge ah if under warrenty ?

i'm like blowing like crazy on the sensor and the spot is getting lighter and lighter ... think the dust is gone already, is the leftover mark ... zzzz

Hi cubicon
AFAIK, the service is free if under warranty. But really the dust should mostly not be so stubborn as to survive the in-camera dust removal and the external air pump. I suggest after you have gotten Kelvin to clear it up, to observe the simple steps described by everyone here to minimise future risks of more stubborn dust. :)

guess i just have to make a trip down ... lucky they open untill 630pm ....

seriously untill now i still can't figure out how the dust got there .... i only got my 2nd lense about 3 weeks back and the spot started to appear about 4 weeks back . and before that i only have my tammy on and never remove it since the day i got it ... damn ..... still tot was the outdoor shoot at esplanade that killed it ...

seriously untill now i still can't figure out how the dust got there .... i only got my 2nd lense about 3 weeks back and the spot started to appear about 4 weeks back . and before that i only have my tammy on and never remove it since the day i got it ... damn ..... still tot was the outdoor shoot at esplanade that killed it ...

This type of thing hard to predict as its random. Just make sure to buy 4D if you kannah..;p
Otherwise one school of thought is to set the camera to do a dust cleaning everytime you switch on. I am not too comfortable with that although someone told me this is ok as the camera was designed for it. :)

Dust can get into the camera even if you dont remove the lens ...

Zooming in and out also cause dust to get in:sticktong

Only weather sealed lens keeps the dust out!:thumbsup:

Otherwise one school of thought is to set the camera to do a dust cleaning everytime you switch on. I am not too comfortable with that although someone told me this is ok as the camera was designed for it. :)

Dust Removal on Start-up is the factory default setting on the K-7 but NOT on the K-x/K-m or K20D. I have not encountered any issues with having dust removal to be activated whenever the camera is switched on any of my Pentax cameras. Practically speaking there is no delay in start-up, and the fact that it is provided as an option in the Set-up Menu means that there should be no issues to have it activated whenever the camera is switched on all the time. I'd rather not waste time cloning out dust spots during post processing when I can avoid the problem beforehand. From the K20D onwards, I've not really had a dust issue cropping up. Perhaps that's because I allow the camera to do the Dust Removal cycle frequently enough that any significant dust build-up doesn't occur and show up in my photos. SR won't shorten your camera's lifespan or spoil it lah...

went down to emjay in the evening ... omg ... kevin must be doing it so damn often. think mine took less then 2 mins and it was done ... kinda stun ... didn't ask me much either .... lol .... just told him got dust spot , hand him the camera heard a few clicks and there .... and wala ... clean sensor ...

I have not encountered any issues with having dust removal to be activated whenever the camera is switched on any of my Pentax cameras.

I know. The k7's dust removal is so quiet and gentle. But for the K-x, the whole body trembles..I guess I am not comfortable with it. So far not that much dust problem and all can be removed by my blower. :)

went down to emjay in the evening ... omg ... kevin must be doing it so damn often. think mine took less then 2 mins and it was done ... kinda stun ... didn't ask me much either .... lol .... just told him got dust spot , hand him the camera heard a few clicks and there .... and wala ... clean sensor ...

Welcome back to the rebellion. Now you can bring it out and launch attacks on the dark side!
Yes, Kelvin's is the pentaxian's secret weapon..haha ;p

so did he charge you anything?

my k7 can see few "dots" and 1 very short hair frm the viewfinder..:sweatsm:

tried hard to blow it away but failed..