Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
63908290413356.jpg

just spotted this candid from www.sportsshooter.com

either this was really painted over... if not, it got really a lot of hard work! :bsmilie:

could be one of those older L lens which has a black body, e.g. 80-200mm L

i have a black L lens too, not too long though only slightly over 13cm. there're some who gaffer taped their white L lenses to make them black too ;p

Maybe it's not a Canon lens, but a Sigma EX-series.

sehsuan said:
63908290413356.jpg

just spotted this candid from www.sportsshooter.com

either this was really painted over... if not, it got really a lot of hard work! :bsmilie:

mmm...how do u know its an "L" lens ?

hehehehehe

All Canon Primes especially Ls have the model number printed on a metal plate that is on the top of the lens.

I would say that a lot of work was done to make this lens turn black or Canon specially made this lens for this gentleman or organisation.

andi1704 said:
mmm...how do u know its an "L" lens ?

hehehehehe

another thing - check out the drop-in filter. it's white in colour, plus the metal plate agape01 mentioned. plus, the forward L shape of the tripod mount.

I guess it should be a canon 400 F2.8L IS lens painted into black colour. :think:

Actually, what you're looking at is a relic from the 20th century. It's called a Nikon and they became extinct circa 1995.

agape01 said:
All Canon Primes especially Ls have the model number printed on a metal plate that is on the top of the lens.

I would say that a lot of work was done to make this lens turn black or Canon specially made this lens for this gentleman or organisation.

If you've got the money, Canon can customise anything for you.
I've seen them do motorized mounts for remote triggering, with viewfinder capture devices. I've seen them do an underwater housing for a Japanese photographer. Heck, I've even seen them do special customization for handicapped photographers so that their cameras can be used with one hand or the mouth (So did Nikon I believe). So what's a black L-lens to them?
If you really want, maybe they can do a Hello Kitty pink version 70-200 F2.8L or maybe an Astro Boy 580EX with the flash firing off the chest or something.

Prismatic said:
If you've got the money, Canon can customise anything for you.
I've seen them do motorized mounts for remote triggering, with viewfinder capture devices. I've seen them do an underwater housing for a Japanese photographer. Heck, I've even seen them do special customization for handicapped photographers so that their cameras can be used with one hand or the mouth (So did Nikon I believe). So what's a black L-lens to them?
If you really want, maybe they can do a Hello Kitty pink version 70-200 F2.8L or maybe an Astro Boy 580EX with the flash firing off the chest or something.

a hello kitty pink version will be cool to shoot kids and gals with! :bsmilie:

Oh no, but then that lens cannot be used in sunlight how? Canon special edition vampire lens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.