beyond the doors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel84

Mar 22, 2007
www.flickr.com
532583895_267705ade4.jpg

Would like to know on how should i be better framing this pic to show the 'brightness' beyond the doors with the exit sign illustrating itself for people to know that even at the darkest moments of life there is still hope.
In terms of PP i had actually played ard with the curves, highlights and made duplicate copies of the pic each overlaying another. the word Exit had been rendered with light.
The pic exif are as follows

Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 44 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

Personally i feel if i could like have a white line or ray of light showing on the foreground from the gap between the doors it would make a stronger statement. But i do not know how to do that... Please advice...

Hmm... I'm not sure if it's my screen, but this shot is really dark. Dark to the point that I can't really see much else other than the gap with the light. Your exit sign. And the green glow of the exit sign.

Beyond your door is bright... and there are distracting things. It's there, but I can't tell what it is. Neither does it invoke any imagination.

Suggestions: Expose more for the interior of this room(?) so that you totally blow the exposure for the bright outside. You can burn in the room later during PP to darken it to your tastes. The important thing is to ensure that all you see beyond those doors are a big white bright nothing.

For your "light coming in" effect... you need some kind of directional lighting from outside. having a speedlight that can be triggered wirelessly could come in handy.

This shot is a great idea though. I recently took something similar like this too. But it was of a flight of stairs leading up through a door to the roof.

That was great advice... would try the similar shot again if i get the chance to pass by... but i dun think i would have a flash wirelessly connected >.< no $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.