Beware - Digital Colours @ Chinatown Pt

Status
Not open for further replies.

busycheesy

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Just want to take time to state some facts which happened. Draw your own conclusions.

Went to Digital Colours at Chinatown Pt on Tues to develop prints because I thought Titan was still working there under Knight's Photo. Went into the shop, the lady told me Titan was no longer working there and I therefore said "it's ok" and started to leave. Then the lady quickly said "hey how about I offer you 35c per 4R print and a 10% discount on top of that?" I thought about it and decided to let them print it since I was already there.

Collection on Thurs. Went into the shop, first the price on the print envelope was 'accidentally' printed wrongly, which was corrected after much persuasion. Then I realised 9 out of the 49 pictures had their tops severely (deliberately) cropped off. Politely asked the lady why this is so and she said "dunno, can't do anything about it."

Then a man came out from the back. He threw a file at me and asked how can I ask for discount when last time Titan charged the recommended rates as well? Well, I didn't ask for the discount. The lady offered me the lower rates.

Upon payment, I saw that they didn't provide albums for the photos. Politely asked them for the albums and the man said since there was already a discount there will be no albums provided. What nonsense. Paid them and dumped the prints later.

Digital Colours @ Chinatown Pt - pay me to print my photos I also won't go.

So much for customer services...... :nono:

just my point.
they never say got free albums mah.
dun expect things to be free though.
i bet the shop is also happy u are not going back either,sounds like those 9 photo are in 4:3 format where cropping is neccessary.

Sometimes nothing is free.. and your idea of having a "MUST HAVE" Free album simply allows people who does printing business to get turn off by customers like u. They rather not do your business due to the fact that with the discount they are willing to minus off profit margin. Doing a business have to earn money, if they dun wats the point of doing the business....

So get your cheapo scrumy hands away and stop condemning the shop.
Get a life.... do your own prints, its really CHEAP that way... really.

i think if i was you, i will juz ask back for my orginal file which u passed them for prints.. take it and leave the shop. not even paying them

If you are loaded enough to pay for the print to dump them later, why are you so low down as to insist for free albums. It's people like you who want things cheap, preferably free, and good, and yet like to grumble when things dont go your way. Maybe the government never teach you enough?

busycheesy said:
Upon payment, I saw that they didn't provide albums for the photos. Politely asked them for the albums and the man said since there was already a discount there will be no albums provided. What nonsense. Paid them and dumped the prints later.

Aiz... u all got it wrong.
it's not the free album.
It's the attitude of the shopkeepers.

Elizabeth Tan said:
If you are loaded enough to pay for the print to dump them later, why are you so low down as to insist for free albums. It's people like you who want things cheap, preferably free, and good, and yet like to grumble when things dont go your way. Maybe the government never teach you enough?

its the service.. not consumer...

U pay for service,it doesn't come cheap.
u pay peanutz u get peanutz.

I'm sure if u are willing to pay $2 per 4R,u will be treated like a king.

kex said:
U pay for service,it doesn't come cheap.
u pay peanutz u get peanutz.

I'm sure if u are willing to pay $2 per 4R,u will be treated like a king.

Well, KT imaging is an exception in this case... ;)
the charge small fee but the service & quality is excellent for the price, i'm sure most CSers here would recommend 'em...

singaporeans always like that...

can afford to buy so expensive cameras, lens..but cant afford the album...

can afford to buy cars, but cant afford to put coupons...sigh.,. :confused:

honestly, i think you were way too nice to them. as a customer, never forget that you have rights too! put me in your shoes and i would have dumped the pictures back on them and leave without paying. NEVER pay a cent for junk!!!
offend them by all means, cause im sure you already decided never to go back the moment you saw your pictures...
...moreover, a threat would have been nice too just to piss them off

"im gonna tell everyone at clubsnap!"

MatthewSCL said:
singaporeans always like that...

can afford to buy so expensive cameras, lens..but cant afford the album...

can afford to buy cars, but cant afford to put coupons...sigh.,. :confused:
:bsmilie: u've hit the right spot bro!

Digital prints = no albums. Standard at most labs. Not aware of any lab that offers albums.

Unless you specifiy, there will be cropping of digital (digicam) shots into 4R. An average CSer would have done his/her homework by cropping the files at home/work first before sending. Don't blame the lab.

Some labs offer a direct 4RDSC (4:3) size. Again, this may have a trade-off, as many albums, esp the older (tight) ones cannot fit this extended size.

While the lady claiming she "did not know" was clearly lab staff ignorant, you should have gotten your case right. Which you did not - verify if there'd be cropping, done the necessary to your files.

There are good labs and there are just labs. There are also good customers, just customers and dumb barking camerapersons. The last category, I doubt any lab will want them..."for a dollar or a dime, let them go bug someone else".

Be a good customer - learn to tweak your own photos to get them right first time around. Blaming the lab or the camera or the moon shows yourself badly.

My comments here are pertaining to service and how businesses should present themselves. Not comments on the poster's understanding of digital photographic printing. This whole thing is all about communication, and the failure of it.

busycheesy said:
.... Then I realised 9 out of the 49 pictures had their tops severely (deliberately) cropped off. Politely asked the lady why this is so and she said "dunno, can't do anything about it." .
The lady sounded as if she didn't give a ... by saying this. She could have taken the trouble to explain (she has to presume that not all her customers are savvy, some could be newbies) about the 4:3 cropping that happens.

busycheesy said:
Then a man came out from the back. He threw a file at me and asked how can I ask for discount when last time Titan charged the recommended rates as well?

This is a no no. Aggresive actions. And prices charged be it asked for or given, are ultimately agreed on by the shop. The guy has no place challenging a customer on the prices that THEY gave.

Even if a customer is a newbie and said, did and expected the wrong things, the above actions by the shop is a... :nono:

I am not going into the freebies here. I believe the service could have been better. I expect good service when I am in a restaurant, taxi, hotel, foto labs etc. That is what it takes for me to come back again. Look at the service aspect here. Regardless of the freebies issue there is no cause for the guy to throw the file at this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.