Best suitable lens for wedding or company function

instinctloh

Nov 25, 2008
Folks,

Need advices on the above mentioned situation. Or rather if I dun ve much space to move backward to capture it, what lens shod I use?

I was told that 16-105 is a better wide angle lens and if yes I ve a query.

1) I ve a kit lens 18-50mm can i use this instead? Does that 2mm difference really make lots of diff?

2) He said that the 2mm diff can means at least 1m diff in terms of distance.
Is tat true?

3) he says that 16-105 gives u the flexibility of wide angle when space is tight n slight zoom if u are not allow to go near.

Any advice on this n your recommendation on a suitable lens? As if 18mm is good enough, I really dun wish to get another one cos I ve another 18-250 lens.

Thks a lot

what he say is definitely true although the stats/figures needs verification.

Best lens for any purpose is the one that you fully understand it's character, advantage and limitation.

To some, a 50mm prime works better, some a 24-70 works better, some prefer to shoot w/ 70-200. What one prefer has nothing to do with it's purpose and it can't be translated to someone else.

Choose one you know and don't buy a new lens for a wedding.

Personally, I would not shoot with either of the lenses for the wedding nor event... But it may be perfect for your need.

Regards,

Hart

I guess you mean 18-55 Sony right? Cox i dont remember or even seeing 18-50 Sony other than Sigma.

16mm on crop will be 24mm on full frame. While 18mm on crop will be 27mm.

To me, 16mm in tight space, you are save.
And furthermore, i believe 16-105 produce much shaper picture than the kit lens.
:)

I would say yes, go for the 16-105mm. The 16-105mm is my most used lens. I have used it for travelling, weddings and events. Just get a flash and you are good to go. This is a sharp lens and I like the colors it produces. :)

Guess my queries are answered.

By the way bro, u are rite is 18-55 not 50. Hehe paiseh.

Thks for all the suggestions n advices.