Best Flash Difusser for Events

Best Flash Difusser for Events

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hmmmm this guy might have forgotten to bring his stuff along to diffuse and thought of this after packing away fishball noodle =)

Anyone with shots using this nice product (the "TaPau" ) :D ?

MHO, it would well work if the top cover was pasted with a white piece of paper so that the flash hits it head on and bounces down and out thru the clear areas on the sides.
Perhaps even a white backing on the back portion of the sides to bounce more to the front.... :think:

Certainly worth a try, only thing that kept me away from trying is that its very "obiang" if I ever used it in a friend's wedding or in fact any event. :)

Here is a shot taken at a wedding (high ceiling, tungsten lighting), using a largish bounce card I cut from plasticard that can be purchased from a art shop or plastic modeling store. Its about 1/2 the size of an A4.
IMGP9557-1.jpg

Pentax K100D, Jupiter9 85/2, AF360 flash

Last edited:
since we are at it, mind if i ask where to get a flash diffuser that can complement my powershot S5 IS?

I need it urgently. any shops to recommend or seen any one selling?

since we are at it, mind if i ask where to get a flash diffuser that can complement my powershot S5 IS?

I need it urgently. any shops to recommend or seen any one selling?

Are you using with your built-in flash or attaching a Canon Speedlite 480EX / 580EX to your hot shoe?

built in one for now

wrap with tissue paper and tie with rubber band. just make sure u always have them in your pocket.

You sure the tissue won't combust? :what:

Not as long as you dun't fire in quick bursts all the time... and for it to combust, it takes quite a bit of heat... :bsmilie:

I'm using it and it's lovely. It's pretty versatile i.e. you can basically bounce your flash in any direction but it's quite a pain in the ass to figure out where all the light's going. Takes some getting used to and of course a lot of playing. But who's ever complained about playing? Heh.

Not as long as you dun't fire in quick bursts all the time... and for it to combust, it takes quite a bit of heat... :bsmilie:

I tried the same thing before, using tissue, but I wasn't worried about the tissue catching fire, I was worried about damaging the bulb because of trapped light overheating the bulb. Then again, not harmful to the bulb right?

y no 1 mention e pop-up diffuser?...isn't it gd for close range shooting??
cheers

I tried the same thing before, using tissue, but I wasn't worried about the tissue catching fire, I was worried about damaging the bulb because of trapped light overheating the bulb. Then again, not harmful to the bulb right?

Not much heat to be trapped by a tissue.... Esp if it's only 2ply.

There are other directions for the heat to be released from the flash, i.e. the rear.

not very sure leh.... u try liao let me know can?

Well, some netizens report smoke coming from their DIY paper diffuser :think:

But zac08's prolly right, it shouldn't combust unless you're an ass & put a black paper in front of your flash :bsmilie:

Well, some netizens report smoke coming from their DIY paper diffuser :think:

But zac08's prolly right, it shouldn't combust unless you're an ass & put a black paper in front of your flash :bsmilie:

Hmmmmm... would love to see how they achieve the smoke though... :bsmilie:

They probably are shooting at 5fps :bsmilie:

Hmmmmm... would love to see how they achieve the smoke though... :bsmilie:

They probably are shooting at 5fps :bsmilie:

i think 5fps the flash cannot recycle fast enuff unless very very low power.

yesterday i went orchard without bring my external flash because i tot i will only be taking nitescapes and not portraits.
but to my surprise, i saw many performances by the drummers and acrobats.
end up i still use the tissue method over my built-in flash. lol

i think 5fps the flash cannot recycle fast enuff unless very very low power.

I'm just kidding...

you'd probably need to have an external batery pack for the external flash to achieve a high refresh rate... :sweat:

And that's how you tend to blow those flashes....:sweat:

I am currently using this for my flash on my S5 IS...
IMG_9542.jpg

Are this considered as "Stofen Omni-Bounce" also?
One is more translucent and smaller than the other, but both can fit the same flash.