Best Camera Shop to look for??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathay Photo, both the Peninsula Shopping Centre & Marina Square outlets, stock a wide selection of photographic - related products.

hawkeyes said:
Hi.. I'm new in this line, Can u guys out there recommend me the best camera shop to shop around ? I'm looking few item such as Waterproof hood , Dry box , Cleaning Lens product , Lowepro Bag etc..which is afforable price.

For new comer.....definately go to Cathay photo store at Penisular Plaza or Marina Sq. They are honest businessman.

MS Colour at Ang Mo Kio also a good one.

Regards,
Arto.

There are a few decent stores around.

Cathay Photo - Pennisula Plaza / Marina Square
MS Color - Ang Mo Kio Central
Alan Photo - Sim Lim Square / Funan the IT Mall
John 3:16 - Funan
Lord's Photo - Lucky Plaza

amongst others, of course.

I dealed with Cathay and MS before, both have good services. I think Cathay is more reputable and MS always offers few bucks cheaper than others. :)

seems like these deal with dSLRs, what abt compact??? do they sell at reasonable prices???

cathay definitely has the biggest range. but there really isnt a one stop shop for everything.

i buy my cleaning products / bags from cathay.

camera bodies, dricab & lenses i get from ms color (and sandisk CF cards)

batteries and chargers i get from eastgear.

etc etc

hawkeyes said:
Hi.. I'm new in this line, Can u guys out there recommend me the best camera shop to shop around ? I'm looking few item such as Waterproof hood , Dry box , Cleaning Lens product , Lowepro Bag etc..which is afforable price.

Depends on what you mean by 'best'.. ;p

Best in terms price, service or range? Some shops can offer good price but not so good service.. Other shops offer better service but not so good price.. Which one will u prefer? :think:

Sometimes I hate Cathay. Since if they know you are newbie, they will try to push you camera that give more profit to them.

Last year when I am looking for DSLR, I already have Nikon D70s in my mind. I ask them, and instead of showing me D70s, they take out Olympus e300, which they say good camera and good bargain (I am not arguing e300 is a good camera, but I don't like the grip). They say the promotion is actually over, but they will back date the purchase date 1 month in order to sell it at promotion price and freebie. Huh... If I want, I can get their price for e300 $200 cheaper elsewhere without back date (I rugi the warranty also). This one is confirm, since I ask AP funan afterthat.

I got my D70s at MS Colour a week later :) .

Regards,
Arto.

well, sometimes u cant blame them. they are businessmen after all, and they are here to make some profit.

Zaknafein said:
well, sometimes u cant blame them. they are businessmen after all, and they are here to make some profit.
Ya lah... They are still better than Those Tourist Shop :angry: .

Regards,
Arto.

Blur Shadow said:
There are a few decent stores around.

Cathay Photo - Pennisula Plaza / Marina Square
MS Color - Ang Mo Kio Central
Alan Photo - Sim Lim Square / Funan the IT Mall
John 3:16 - Funan
Lord's Photo - Lucky Plaza

amongst others, of course.

I got a new Lowepro Compudaypack at Lord's for $120 in June. Realised a week later that Cathay Photo is selling for $89. Not sure if this is a special promotional price at Cathay Photo.

hawkeyes said:
I'm sure we need a lot of time to survey few shop befor we purchase the item we need..
Or just read comments on the shops here ;p .

Regards,
Arto.

Zaknafein said:

I would certainly blame someone who has less-than-feasable ethics. I have been treated like that in Cathay before, not a very happy customer afterwards.

hawkeyes said:
I'm sure we need a lot of time to survey few shop befor we purchase the item we need..

Definately more efficient to read the comments here than to spend a lot of time surveying unless you are buying an expensive item.

This is especially so if you only have a rough idea of what you want but do not know the exact model you are after, like a backpack.

There's always different prices for different products/equipments between the shops. Item A might be cheaper here, but Item B might be cheaper somewhere else. I'll always spend some time among the shops if I'm buying something BIG$$$!!!....:bsmilie: If just for small assessories, I'll just follow some of the threads here in CS...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.