Behind the scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardeenaw

Jul 19, 2009
i am a westerner
4140706352_028d935d6e.jpg

1.In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and lighting.

2.What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A peek into what happens before models look glam and flash their million dollar smile in front of the camera.

3.Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This gentleman is does not do modelling for a career, which explains the uncomfortable look when his hair is being pulled here and there. It seems that he can't wait to leave the seat! In contrast, the stylist is very professional and concentrating on her job.
Understand that the air con controller on the right is an eyesore, but i have not venture into post production yet.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I felt that the lighting is too orange, but i don't know why. Any one can enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

seems like a snap shot...very frontal/straight-on approach. not an interesting composition.
he doesn't appear to be very 'uncomfortable' to me. he just seems to be looking to ur right when u took the shot.

u have more to worry abt than the air con controller...

ur lighting appears orange probably cause there's a tungsten lamp in the room. correct ur wb. can be done before u take the shot, or if u are taking in raw, can be corrected in photoshop.

seems like a snap shot...very frontal/straight-on approach. not an interesting composition.
he doesn't appear to be very 'uncomfortable' to me. he just seems to be looking to ur right when u took the shot.

u have more to worry abt than the air con controller...

ur lighting appears orange probably cause there's a tungsten lamp in the room. correct ur wb. can be done before u take the shot, or if u are taking in raw, can be corrected in photoshop.

Thanks! what angle should i use to make it more interesting?

if ur subject is facing a mirror, try shooting a reflection of him. also, more of the makeup stuff..i'm sure there are tons in a dressing room. an example would be sth like the one chow yung fatt shot of gong li. not the best example, but i'm not sure how to put it in words.

usually for composition, we would avoid the straight on approach unless there's some symmetry or for visual effect. that's the difference between a snap shot and a well composed image. generally try to stick to rule of thirds.

Capture the moment that he is smiling...
He look kind of buay-song and I don't think it it nice to post that picture online, unless you have grudges against him. lolx
No offense intended...

Oh yeah, right arm is chopped off, so as for stylist's right hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.