beer drinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought beer ever "tasted" good. Back in the school days when everyone thought drinking beer is "cool and manly", a lot of people wanted to try it. When I had my first sip of beer, I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong with these people? Masochist or what?!?!".

Pardon me but till this day, I'm still very puzzled when someone tells me this and that lager/draft/pilsner/etc beer taste good. I'm sure it's great for special occasion when everyone's on cloud nine and everyone thinks that their liver is a V12 engine. :p

Just some food for thoughts. :)

CaeSiuM said:
I never thought beer ever "tasted" good. Back in the school days when everyone thought drinking beer is "cool and manly", a lot of people wanted to try it. When I had my first sip of beer, I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong with these people? Masochist or what?!?!".

Pardon me but till this day, I'm still very puzzled when someone tells me this and that lager/draft/pilsner/etc beer taste good. I'm sure it's great for special occasion when everyone's on cloud nine and everyone thinks that their liver is a V12 engine. :p

Just some food for thoughts. :)

I guess to each his own.... I mean i look at people drinking Grappa or Sambuca and I think they are crazy. As for the liver part..... everything in moderation won't do you harm (IMHO) :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a health-freak or something along the lines of that. :)

Fruit beers(Bacardi Breezer :p) and white wines are my choice. Like many others, I used to pretend that "beer" actually taste great to me. I'm sure some people here REALLY like the taste of beer but I'm also very sure a lot of people out there are just following the crowd.

Moderate alcoholic consumption during those special occasions or chilling out with friends is still great nonetheless. :)

What's wrong with Grappa? Although i've only tried it once, it was quite a pleasant experience. :D

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. To me beer is an acquired taste. I used to hate beer when i was young(er) but i slowly grew to accept it once i got older. If you ask me, stout is an even more amplified example of the above. Some people would rather down a pot of chinese medicine then drink stout... To each his own i guess.

Sapparo and SingHa
;p

CaeSiuM said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a health-freak or something along the lines of that. :)

Fruit beers(Bacardi Breezer :p) and white wines are my choice. Like many others, I used to pretend that "beer" actually taste great to me. I'm sure some people here REALLY like the taste of beer but I'm also very sure a lot of people out there are just following the crowd.

Moderate alcoholic consumption during those special occasions or chilling out with friends is still great nonetheless. :)

The beer must be drank chilled or else it will not taste good, it cannot be diluted by ice like some people does at coffee shop. It mustn't be sipped. You gulped down mouthful by mouthful.

Its not the initial taste, its the after taste that's nice, it lingers on in your mouth......Ahhhh...

Just like chinese/green tea. Its an acquired taste.

Anyway I don't have any preference. Beer, stout, Cognac, Whisky, Burbon, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Wine and yes Sambuca...can light cigarettes for smokers...provided they are fast enough. I drink all hard liquor/spirits neat or "on the rocks".

Aton said:
The beer must be drank chilled or else it will not taste good, it cannot be diluted by ice like some people does at coffee shop. It mustn't be sipped. You gulped down mouthful by mouthful.

Its not the initial taste, its the after taste that's nice, it lingers on in your mouth......Ahhhh...

Just like chinese/green tea. Its an acquired taste.

Anyway I don't have any preference. Beer, stout, Cognac, Whisky, Burbon, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Wine and yes Sambuca...can light cigarettes for smokers...provided they are fast enough. I drink all hard liquor/spirits neat or "on the rocks".

hehe drank chilled? Hope you can tell it to them brits over here who are guzzling warm beer by the barrelful in the pubs.

yup, agree that its the after taste. I initially found beer bitter, but after a while, found myself liking it. :D

justarius said:
hehe drank chilled? Hope you can tell it to them brits over here who are guzzling warm beer by the barrelful in the pubs.

yup, agree that its the after taste. I initially found beer bitter, but after a while, found myself liking it. :D

For Stout, I can drink "warm".......not beer though...again...its an acquired taste. :bsmilie:

NitroTech said:
I am beginning to love it too!!! Cos at Balaclava after 9pm- "sad hour" (meaning after happy hour) it's still 1 for 1 (all night long actually) so i have taken to it!! :D

what is the attraction of Balaclava, besides the beers?

reachme2003 said:
what is the attraction of Balaclava, besides the beers?

The band is not too bad. There are 2 bands actually, one with a male lead and the other with a female lead. IMO, the one with the male lead is better (they play on thursdays at Bala and Fridays at Wala Wala).

The interior is also quite cosy (if you do get a sofa seat that is) but it gets very packed so usually after 7pm(on fridays) you will have to stand. Yeah thats about it..... anyway i'm there only for the cheap beers. :)

what kind of music do they play? Crowd? youngish or working adult?

How many jugs can you guys take so you still can focus manual? :D

never tried to hold a camera after a jug! sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.