Beauty Portraits: Celestina Tiew @ Punggol

Status
Not open for further replies.
can always learn from you, during shoots as well as reading your replies and comments!

new thing learned today from your reply: strive to produce multiple images that contains a strong visual impact, stunning effect, and a WOW! i had been wondering should that be just one image or should that be multiple images i aim for each shoot.

thanks & cheers,
emptyform

Yes, strive to achieve multiple outstanding images! That will really kick in your mind to always watch for things in every single shot and will force you to start thinking more than shooting. Questions like how to get the correct exposure consistent? How to balance the light under different conditions? Naturally it will come to you as 2nd nature. I took pains to learn all these and failed many times but I keep pressing on.

A lot of people will just say "All you need is to get just 1 good image... Blah blah blah...". Experience photographers can argue back "Hey, that's just your lucky shot! Show me that you are able to get this standard in a series of consistent shots" and then you will have to eat back your words. I don't believe in a single good shot kind of thing. I believe in ALOT of good shots.

Perhaps among all these good shots you can showcase just one of them but also indicate you have plenty more of the same standards. People will "Wah..."

That's where you need to reach. And I have shared many of my shooting experience through AhV's Made In Thailand photo shoot series. Do recall what I have said. Those are words you need to keep. :)

Good luck!

Hey Zeckson even with the D80 your pictures never fail to mesmerise and entrall it's the skill
and experience that counts.As I've mentioned on your Lu Tingyi set and will mentioned again
you are doing justice to Celestina too. Great works :thumbsup:

Thanks Zeisser for your comments. Appreciate it from you. :)

Woh... Don't say that, bro. You are one of the pioneers of ClubSNAP. Learn what from me lah? I am more junior than you leh! We can exchange some ideas next time but saying that you are learning from me definitely throws me off my chair... 高攀不起.

Thanks for your comments, bro. :)

:bsmilie: Pioneers of CS? First time I heard of such terms leh...;p

You're the 後起之秀 leh...why can't learn from you? I like your PP style too, so if got chance, sure have to pick up some tips from you. :)

those shots were awesome! saturaterd colours and all nicely exposed. i guess u did an extra exposure for the sky and then mask the 2 pieces together?
but i find some of the skies too much details which seems kind of distracting to me.

This is my favourite shot of all cos it's less distracting, and Celestina had a wonderful pose here, clean and sweet!

20090625-Celestina-800x536-16.jpg

There are 2 ways of doing this. Either you take a well exposed shot of your subject (and your sky will be blown out) and then take another shot of the sky well exposed and then blend the 2 shots together using Photoshop... OR you can totally expose for the sky and then flash your subject!

For taking 2 shots, unless you are very good at blending the 2 images together (which requires some skills and advanced techniques) seamlessly, your image would look rather blotchy and there are obvious signs of photo manipulation. Some of my images are done this way but my blending is almost perfect. You will not be able to tell the difference if I didn't tell you which ones are done this way.

For exposing the sky and flashing of the subject, I am sorry that I cannot reveal this technique to anyone because I will be revealing my techniques in AhV bro's upcoming Made In Thailand Boot Camp I - Amazing Thailand !!. There are already some people signed up for it. I have to make sure these participants get my information before anybody else does. Apologize for not being able to share this here.

Last edited:
:bsmilie: Pioneers of CS? First time I heard of such terms leh...;p

You're the 後起之秀 leh...why can't learn from you? I like your PP style too, so if got chance, sure have to pick up some tips from you. :)

Sure. Let's meet up and exchange some ideas some day. :)

Beautiful work, Zeckson. I am inspired your work. :thumbsup:

All shots in this series of images were shot handhand. Evening shots were 1/15 or even slower, I could not remember. Maybe 1/10 or 1/8... :think:

As for the pose, sorry that it didn't work for you. :p

:bsmilie: still work la ...by itself...just not in this series!:embrass:

Power so slow speed and still sharp!:thumbsup:

Good series and pp :thumbsup:

Oh yea.. Your series ROCKS again.. :cool::cool::cool:
LUV the Sunset series too.. SWEE SWEE..

These replies apply to me as well.. teach me leh, me too old-school & is one HDR pp idiot.. :cry:

Ha ha ha ha. This has been my signature style. The recent HDR-like images were experiments and practice. Anyway, I like these images as well. Glad that they work for you. Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for your comments. I am always finding ways to breakthrough my own standards. I am someone who loves to bend the rules and step into the danger zone and try many experiements and see what I get. Most of the times I like what I get back.

Wide-angle HDR-like portraits are the in-trend thing now. Time to step out of your comfort zone now. Welcome to the new world.

another good series you delivered. hat off for you and your hard work. #22 is my favorite.

Ha ha ha ha. This has been my signature style. The recent HDR-like images were experiments and practice. Anyway, I like these images as well. Glad that they work for you. Thanks for your comments. :)

hdr like?

u mean u use another form of processing that look like hdr or are these standard hdr muti exposures combined together?

looks damn good! :thumbsup:

Great vision, but I think more effort can be spent on the PS. At some pictures, there are traces of PS used to darken the sky, but the borders at the head doesn't seem to be cleanly done :) Most obvious example is Pic 9. Clean those up and you have fabulous pics :)

:bsmilie: still work la ...by itself...just not in this series!:embrass:

Power so slow speed and still sharp!:thumbsup:

Oh... Ha ha ha ha. Okay okay, at least I am can breathe in peace... Hee hee hee. Yeah, sometimes I am thankful that I am blessed with stedy hands. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.