Baya Weaver - With an attitude (Series I)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tomshen
Excellent work!!!

Here is my noise regarding the editing. I think all the above shots are good, however, maybe you should show us only ONE shot (to me it's the 3rd) to maximize the impact. This is the lesson I learnt last time.:)

Keep it up and happy shooting, man!

Thanks Tomshen, I fully agree.

Sometimes one couldn't resist the temptation to post abit more. Guess have to be more self critical to achieve the one post ie choose and show the best shot habit. :)

I wish all aspiring nature photographers are as aware & dedicated as you. I'm not 'monitoring' you in any way & I don't know where you got this impression. I am a birdwatcher & I was interested in the Lapwing sighting as it's an uncommon bird which I have not personally seen.

I do take issue however as do many of my fellow birdwatchers to overenthusiastic photographers thronging to nesting sights in 4-wheeled vehicles & firing away at hapless nesting birds from close-range which is not at all what you seem to be doing.

I wish you all the best in your photography & hope you can help to educate other photographers on what are the important principles & practices of nature appreciation in whatever form.

Thanks.

Originally posted by cyrilng

I do take issue however as do many of my fellow birdwatchers to overenthusiastic photographers thronging to nesting sights in 4-wheeled vehicles & firing away at hapless nesting birds from close-range which is not at all what you seem to be doing.

I wish you all the best in your photography & hope you can help to educate other photographers on what are the important principles & practices of nature appreciation in whatever form.

Thanks.

Hi Cyril Ng

I do agree that there are over enthusiastic nature photographers who did not take the welfare of the birds into consideration in the process of achieving their wanted shots. In fact, this happenings are largely due to the selfish attitudes of human rather then over enthusiastic that results in many nature areas being destroyed today.

However, we hoped the birders could also note that there are nature photographers who observe and maintain their principle to protect the welfare of the subjects without fail and they should not be seen in the same light as those bad hats. :think:

Perhaps the birders and these group of photographers should work hand in hand to address such happenings. Conflicts should not arise if both parties are sharing the same views and values. I hoped you could educate the birders that such group of photographers exist and they should not be given a cold shoulder.

Cheers

Steven Tor

Originally posted by stor
Hi Cyril Ng

I do agree that there are over enthusiastic nature photographers who did not take the welfare of the birds into consideration in the process of achieving their wanted shots. In fact, this happenings are largely due to the selfish attitudes of human rather then over enthusiastic that results in many nature areas being destroyed today.

However, we hoped the birders could also note that there are nature photographers who observe and maintain their principle to protect the welfare of the subjects without fail and they should not be seen in the same light as those bad hats. :think:

Perhaps the birders and these group of photographers should work hand in hand to address such happenings. Conflicts should not arise if both parties are sharing the same views and values. I hoped you could educate the birders that such group of photographers exist and they should not be given a cold shoulder.

Cheers

Steven Tor

Quite right, Steven, that's why I commented that chngpe01's discreet & elaborate approach was a good technique in reducing disturbance to the nest building baya weaver. We do have birders who are photographers in our group too. We are only concerned with those photographers (& others) who do not take the birds' welfare into account first in their pursuit of that 'great shot'.

Status
Not open for further replies.