Battery lifespan under cold climate: below 10 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamade

Jun 19, 2003
West
gallery.ta-ma-de.org
Hi guys,

It seems that battery lifespan decreases under cold climate (below 10 degrees)? I tried to take photos in Korea last week (temp between -10 to 10 degrees) & seems that my battery kept running out real fast.

Is it normal? Any way to prolong the battery life? It seems that I had to use 4 battery packs to shoot 50 photos a day(approx). I'm using Canon IXUS V3.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Happy New Year! ;)

Thats normal, although using 4 batteries for 50 shots sounds bad..
In any case, the batteries in your bag should be kept warm to maximise their charge (I keep them in a separate sealed pouch) and your camera should not be left in the open cold too long...

tamade said:
Hi guys,

It seems that battery lifespan decreases under cold climate (below 10 degrees)? I tried to take photos in Korea last week (temp between -10 to 10 degrees) & seems that my battery kept running out real fast.

Is it normal? Any way to prolong the battery life? It seems that I had to use 4 battery packs to shoot 50 photos a day(approx). I'm using Canon IXUS V3.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Happy New Year! ;)

I kept my batteries in my jeans, perhaps that explained why the batteries lifespan got shortened. Couldn't keep my camera warm for long too. :cry:

At least I'm better prepared next time :D

Thanks for the reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.