Battery life on a TZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_ryder

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a TZ7, but havent used it much yet. I'm planning to bring it for a trip to Japan, and was wondering if I need to buy extra battery and memory cards. I intend to take HD video as well as photos. I need sufficient memory to last for an 8 day trip. Any idea how much video can an 8GB card hold? And how long can the battery last if taking video?

Hi guys. I have a TZ7, but havent used it much yet. I'm planning to bring it for a trip to Japan, and was wondering if I need to buy extra battery and memory cards. I intend to take HD video as well as photos. I need sufficient memory to last for an 8 day trip. Any idea how much video can an 8GB card hold? And how long can the battery last if taking video?

u can test it out before the japan trip... just press the red record button and it will show how much time left to record...

let us know when you test it out.

Concerning how much batteries and memory you require, actually it very depend how much you want to snap.

For battery, I suggest you to bring at least one more extra battery. Because the original battery for TZ7 can only take about 100+ pictures for my style of usage which is consider low in my opinion. If you do a lot of playback and zoom alot, flash alot in low light condition and use in snow weather, then you probably use-up or drain your battery more and you require even more extra batteries. Do note that you can only recharge the battery when you are back to the hotel (I assume).

For memory, If I will you. I definitely bring more than enough (kiasu lol) unless I bring my laptop along. In case your camera run out of memory, you can even use your handphone or partner handphone micro SD card with the SD adaptor to snap some more if your handphone is using Micro SD.

Hope the above helps. :)

got a big problem here, went around funan to ask for the original battery for this camera, however, all of them says its out of stock and have no idea when there'll be restock. Anyone knows where else sell the battery? (need the battery urgently, to bring overseas)

The entire USofA is out of stock on this battery... to the uproar of many ZS3/TZ7 owners... including me!

Some sites indicate a backorder period of 6 to 8 weeks.

The entire USofA is out of stock on this battery... to the uproar of many ZS3/TZ7 owners... including me!

Some sites indicate a backorder period of 6 to 8 weeks.

oh gosh, :cry: , hope that there will be restock soon..

the latest news i got from Denstrade is, stocks will only arrived at the end of september.

I too was looking for one to bring for my trip to Tokyo. I called Panasonic itself yesterday and they also no stock. Looks like I have to buy one at Tokyo instead.

For travelling to cold winter, do we have to buy any protective cover against the cold wind? I had this bad experience in July while i was travelling...

I left my TZ7 on the hotel table the whole nite and brought it out for shots in the morning.. but when I reach my destination, ard 30-40mins (perhaps due to sudden temperature change) I can only use to snap it for only 2-3 shots before the whole screen gt frosted/condensed... Initally I tgt its was the lens but after cleaning, it wasnt the len... So its perhaps some of the mechanism inside the camera which gt frosted/condensed....

Even my hp camera works well due to the temperature change... Anyone experience this or any suggestion for this problem?

Sorry but how to check firmware version?

alright! thanks

i got 1x Original Battery & charger, box, manual, cam case, everything except Tz7, pm me if U want.

Just downgraded the firmware 1.2 to 1.1 a few minutes back ... :sweat: Tested with a couple of third-party batteries purchased from ebay and Amazon. ALL working beautifully. Now I can have 3 batteries for my trip next week.

Just wondering, what's the different between 1.1 and 1.2 besides the *&^& battery restriction?

Hi Sashimi,

I'm interested on the TZ 7 original battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.