Batteries shoot-out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goondu

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
There is an article regarding which is the best NiMH batteries available. However, this is not done in Singapore but elsewhere.

Please refer to the article on batteries and chargers at the following thread:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

This article is for techies who are interested in the write up

:)

it also raised a interesting point. The charger is very important and it could give as high as 2x the charge compared to other useless ones.

I'm using the panasonic charger with auto-shutdown when completed. Might be that it have thought the sanyo batteries has already charged up which it might be only 1/2 charge.

Any recommendation on what type of charger is good? The doc only recommend Maha Charger... can't find that brand here leh.

Try the $18 Charger from Mustafa loh. It charge my Sanyo very well in 5hours for 4. Can do des-charge and re-charge also.:D

Originally posted by Kevin
Try the $18 Charger from Mustafa loh. It charge my Sanyo very well in 5hours for 4. Can do des-charge and re-charge also.:D

thanks. can you provide the model number, brand...details plus picture if possible. ;)

Originally posted by rick
it also raised a interesting point. The charger is very important and it could give as high as 2x the charge compared to other useless ones.

I'm using the panasonic charger with auto-shutdown when completed. Might be that it have thought the sanyo batteries has already charged up which it might be only 1/2 charge.

Any recommendation on what type of charger is good? The doc only recommend Maha Charger... can't find that brand here leh.

I have the Maha Charger... you'll have to order from http://thomas-distributing.com
I have used a few chargers before.... this is good... every battery review I see recommends this.

If anybody wants to order this, then voice out... we can order together to share the shipping costs... I want to order some other things from the site as well.

thanks. can you provide the model number, brand...details plus picture if possible. ;)

there are so many chargers at Mustafa .. the most easy way to identify that charger is the price ... $18 .. :D

ask for a charger that cost $18 and see the charging current is 800 mAh . If you read the box manual carefully , it may confuse you how to use it becoz it has 2 usuage :
- Power Adapter
- Charger

1 thing I like this charger is that it can charge AAA batt ...

Hey megaweb, have you tried using the adaptor function to power your lightbox?

my friend use the adaptor function to charge her h/phone as well :bsmilie: fully utilised the charger.

Originally posted by YSLee
Hey megaweb, have you tried using the adaptor function to power your lightbox?

better don't ... i see the power adaptor connector and the lighter box connector have different polarity ...

Originally posted by megaweb

better don't ... i see the power adaptor connector and the lighter box connector have different polarity ...

Eh, polarity different meh? They all should be the same wot?

Originally posted by YSLee

Eh, polarity different meh? They all should be the same wot?

have u try it before ?

I compare both connectors ... they are using different polarity ..

Yah, Rick, follow Megaweb's method more efficient. But, if you need the model no. here it goes:
"$18 one is MW4798. $28 one is MW5798 (can charge 9V battery also). Both are intelligent chargers and charge 2 batteries at one time.

There's a $38 MW4798N at www.purplemoo.com previously that can charge 4 batteries at one time." Copy from Mpenza and now asking for permission, hehe. KC, OK right! ;)

For picture, you have to do a search, I think someone post the pix B4 sometimes ago. :p

Originally posted by willyfoo
I have the Maha Charger... you'll have to order from http://thomas-distributing.com
I have used a few chargers before.... this is good... every battery review I see recommends this.

If anybody wants to order this, then voice out... we can order together to share the shipping costs... I want to order some other things from the site as well.

Hi Willy

Appreciate your advice here
wondering what model of the MAHA changer you are using... I am quite interested in getting one as well as some battery holders.

futhermore is there any accessories like cables or adapters that I would need to purchase along with the charger due to voltage discrepancies?
Thnx in advance

Originally posted by sebastiansong

Hi Willy

Appreciate your advice here
wondering what model of the MAHA changer you are using... I am quite interested in getting one as well as some battery holders.

futhermore is there any accessories like cables or adapters that I would need to purchase along with the charger due to voltage discrepancies?
Thnx in advance

I'm using the Maha MH-C204F
mh-c204f-4aa16+.jpg

http://thomas-distributing.com/mh-c204f-4aa170dc.htm

You will need the UK Style Plug Style AC Adapter 220V 50Hz
Oh... while you are ordering.. .get some more of the battery holders... (1 set is given free and I regret not getting more)

Hi Willy, I would like to ask some questions. how much does it cost in total to get the charger? And how long is the delivery?

Looking forward to your answers :)

Originally posted by mpenza
Hi Willy, I would like to ask some questions. how much does it cost in total to get the charger? And how long is the delivery?

Can't remember the actual costs cos I bought a few more things as well and it's been some time..

But the shipping charges are about S$50... then u add on the US Price for the charger lor... It takes just under 1-2 weeks to deliver.

Originally posted by willyfoo
But the shipping charges are about S$50... then u add on the US Price for the charger lor... It takes just under 1-2 weeks to deliver.

$50!!! wow... that would be quite close to the price of the charger... think it might be a better idea to do a mass order and share out the cost rather than do individual ordering... anyone for this idea?

Originally posted by mpenza

The Total Cost for the Charger is around $230.. that includes the shipping chargers, the maha charger, car adapter, AC adapter, and a solar charger.. Delivery is around 1 week. :)

batsvpk2.jpg

The Solar Charger

More info about the solar charger :
http://thomas-distributing.com/icpg-04041_solar_battery_charger.htm

The Raynox 1-hour charger selling in NUS Co-Op might be a better deal then for most people. It's supposed to be one of the better chargers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.