Basic Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilli Crab

May 23, 2009
Hi...I m a newbie and thinking of taking the basic photography course.
I happen to saw that Canon offer such course...wondering anyone attended before.
Or anyone attended the course from Objectifs?
Which one is better?
:think:

Hi...I m a newbie and thinking of taking the basic photography course.
I happen to saw that Canon offer such course...wondering anyone attended before.
Or anyone attended the course from Objectifs?
Which one is better?
:think:
my advise...go to library and borrow a few books instead. Then when you know what to ask, go for the course.

I would personally read off the internet as the internet has much more material than books. And of course, going to the library is very troublesome as I don't drive.

I'm for library books too! Internet could get confusing coz sometimes if the resource is not complete, you get pieces of information here and there. Books, especially the specialized ones, are more comprehensive, and if after that you still have questions, perhaps the internet could supplement whatever book you borrowed.

Now library provides free online renewal! You can keep the book for 1 month! Hahaha! Read and try, learn fast with digital! Save money from those courses!

Of course, I'm not saying courses aren't good. I never attended one so I can't say. Everything I know about photography is learnt from books, books, more books, and internet and forums, and to some extent, experience... =))) No matter which way you choose to learn more, nothing beats experiencing and making mistakes. =)))

Cheers!

Hey guys .... really appreciate your advice. I will go for the books first then ... and if any questions I can turn to here.

If you already have a camera, I think you could always join some newbie outings :)

Together learn, more fun mah.

Yes, I got a 50D as a present and wants to make full use of it.

Those outings seem to be all experts....kind of scare cant follow up with everyone :(

Those outings seem to be all experts....kind of scare cant follow up with everyone :(
No problem at all. Just go for those free CSer organised photoshoot outings, or even organised paid photoshoot sessions with reputable organisers who are known to give guidance to newbies. You would have had it made. A few more of these, the practical issues and settings would be 2nd nature to you.

Wow nice present.... i think my birthday coming up soon too. :p

On a serious note, i think we have newbie's outing too, why not join those? Since its a "newbies" outing, I don't think there are many experts going, those who go are the helpful kinds :)

Wow nice present.... i think my birthday coming up soon too. :p

On a serious note, i think we have newbie's outing too, why not join those? Since its a "newbies" outing, I don't think there are many experts going, those who go are the helpful kinds :)

Yup find the fellow forummers in this thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580925&highlight=newbie+outing&page=4

You guys r really helpful n nice. Thank u :))

Pegasus.... you organising any newbie outing coming up???

Status
Not open for further replies.