bangkok

Ayuthaya Province looks good! will definitely consider. Thanks!

:)I think chao phaya river is also good for taking sunset...

Be careful of the busy streets, either they will cut your bag or pickpockets.
Put your dollars and cents on your front jeans pocket.

never put important stuffs in the backpack, it will be good to use a pouch, or a sling bag and have it in front of you. even better if you can get those thin travel pouch which you can use it under your tshirt.

I always reduce the number of time I need to take our my wallet or important documents when walking around, by putting some extra cash in my pockets at the front as like you mentioned.

Thanks! I better go somewhere safer:D

Yes! Read a lot of good review on the sunset at the deck! probable I will be there in my upcoming trip.

By the way do you have to make reservation?

I didn't make reservation. I reach the bar (top) level at about 6 plus and i got the last available table facing Wat Arun.

food was horrible.

view not good also, there's another place further down the road with a better view.

Care to share the name of the place? Interested to know.

Last edited:
Be careful of the busy streets, either they will cut your bag or pickpockets.
Put your dollars and cents on your front jeans pocket.

Wow.. This place looks nice too. Reviews are good. Really seems like a better place than the Deck..

I saw it when I was at the deck, it has a better vantage point. So i have no comments about the food, but since you are just having a drink should be okay.

I think having a beltpack where it can be placed infront is good. Can also store dSLR with lens inside.

Perhaps a think tank speed freak or equivalent is good enough?

do you guys use a tripod for shooting temples on sunset/twilight or night shots?

Last edited:
Anyone have been to the floating market damnoen saduak?

I intend to bring only a 35mm prime for this trip. Was wondering if the 35mm will be able to cover the floating market as I cannot do manual zoom (zoom with my legs) on the boat.

Any advise? Thanks!!

It's safe enough but it does not mean that you can let you guard down. I brought DSLR to Bangkok thrice and all are good.

Can somebody say something about this. Especially at night?

I think every where is the same, even in Singapore, you will still need to be vigilant. I would say generally it is safe.

Thanks you guys. So it is pretty the same everywhere on the world - whenever you shoot at night we should be careful.

Concerning great spots in Bangkok. Can somebody recommend some rooftop location which allows shooting with a tripod?

need best places to shoot at nightin bangkok....sunset places also

need best photography places at bangkok....going to kanchana buri,floating market,palace

Try Google.... so much is written already.

Or flip a guidebook in your local bookshop. ;)

need best places to shoot at nightin bangkok....sunset places also

need best photography places at bangkok....going to kanchana buri,floating market,palace

Can somebody say something about this. Especially at night?

is it safe to carry a DSLR around in bbk?

Carried a D3S and a D800 a dozen or more times there... its fine, if your street wise and have common sense.