Bald strip on new-born's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

I am intrigued by the bald strip at the back of some new-borns' head. I do not know what it is known as, but in Cantonese, it is called 'Ah Koo Lou.' Does anyone know what causes this? I have seen a baby with a very defined strip. It is like the bald strip is purposely shaven with a blade like that! And, what is it called in English?

TIA. :)

sbs99

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
strip at the back of the head???

Redsun

Nov 27, 2005
Singapore
www.flickr.com
that strip is for the nurses to scan into the system!
thats called a barcode:bsmilie:
all of us have it
go check if u dun believe me;p

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
Hello everyone,

I am intrigued by the bald strip at the back of some new-borns' head. I do not know what it is known as, but in Cantonese, it is called 'Ah Koo Lou.' Does anyone know what causes this? I have seen a baby with a very defined strip. It is like the bald strip is purposely shaven with a blade like that! And, what is it called in English?

TIA. :)
My baby has that as well. ;p

sbs99

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
That was what I was trying to determine by starting this thread! :bsmilie:

ah maybe some doctors can shed some light here. Im interested too. Next time got kids lah. Heh

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
Bro, care to take a picture and post it here for the benefit of the others here that are clueless on this matter?
Not a very clear picture but this is the only back view I have now which my wife shot with a PnS. Later we realised that there are quite a number of babies having this strip also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom