Bald strip on new-born's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

I am intrigued by the bald strip at the back of some new-borns' head. I do not know what it is known as, but in Cantonese, it is called 'Ah Koo Lou.' Does anyone know what causes this? I have seen a baby with a very defined strip. It is like the bald strip is purposely shaven with a blade like that! And, what is it called in English?

TIA. :)

strip at the back of the head???

user2181_1159282535.jpg

that strip is for the nurses to scan into the system!
thats called a barcode:bsmilie:
all of us have it
go check if u dun believe me;p

Hello everyone,

I am intrigued by the bald strip at the back of some new-borns' head. I do not know what it is known as, but in Cantonese, it is called 'Ah Koo Lou.' Does anyone know what causes this? I have seen a baby with a very defined strip. It is like the bald strip is purposely shaven with a blade like that! And, what is it called in English?

TIA. :)

My baby has that as well. ;p

Bro, care to take a picture and post it here for the benefit of the others here that are clueless on this matter?

sorry lah... haven't found a wife yet :cry:

Bro, care to take a picture and post it here for the benefit of the others here that are clueless on this matter?
Not a very clear picture but this is the only back view I have now which my wife shot with a PnS. Later we realised that there are quite a number of babies having this strip also.
DSCN0681e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.