- 24-70L w hood w/o reversing
- 85L w hood
- 70-200L
- 580EX flash
- a few other prime lenses
- other accessories
- laptop ( not a must but good to have)

thx

i know lowepro got those hardcore bags which u may check out. can even fit laptop and many many lenses + 24-70L w/o hood reversed. lol...its those back pack ones.

then it depends on the size of ur laptop

i am also going for a trip soon with my 5d2, 24L, 85L, 135L, and probab
2 other lenses. All will go into my slingshot up the plane. But my laptop will go on a separate bag

ryan

I have almost similar setup as you and find the Crumpler 7 Million Dollar home to be just nice. Actually, more often than not, I'll only bring the lenses and accessories I need for the assignment, bring all is like.... urghhh. But if you're the kind who likes to bring entire gear out, the 7 MDH may be a little tight.

Last edited:
I just purchased a Lowepro Computrekker AW, great bag,without being to overly bulky, should fit all of the above comfortably.;)

Lowepro Computrekker looks to be just nice to fit your set up.
Can fit in your 15" laptop at the same time.
I use it.
And although some of my good CS friends find it a little not so nice-looking, I am perfectly ok with it.
As usual, my humble opinions here.

Actually, I am considering of getting Domke, like the pouches for easy access during events but find only the J series to be suitable cuz they are deeper than the F series.

Maybe I have not seen enough but I am not sure if I can safely put DSLR with lens attached facing down in a Domke. With Crumpler, I can do so cuz it has side paddings to hold the body so it's not completely resting its weight on the lens.... damn, am I confusing.

hi guys, can u guys give me some opinion on what bag to get to contain,
- 5DMK2
- 85L w hood
- 70-200L
- 580EX flash
- other accessories

thx

i have
- 5DMK2
- 24-105L
- 17-40L
- 70-200L
- 270EX
- 580EX (bring along when required)
- 50mm

all packed comfortably into crumpler 8 million bag

there is still 'some' room

laptop maybe not, UMPC maybe yes

thx for all the opinion ya it is quite heavy but when i am going overseas i have no choice as i do not know what am i going to shoot haha. Maybe a compu trecker AW will ft nicely, i sae the crumpler karachi outpost i think that is oso bug enough? Any comments on the bag?

Use a think tank hard drive last few times. Works pretty well and you have a lot of options for attaching the side pockets etc.

hi guys, can u guys give me some opinion on what bag to get to contain,
- 5DMK2
- 85L w hood
- 70-200L
- 580EX flash
- other accessories

thx

I have a Lowepro Nature Trekker AW and a Dryzone 200. It can contain my 5dMKII, lens and flash inside. With fewer lens, I use a Mini Trekker AW. I love backpacks and I find it more comfortable when I am travelling with both hands free.

I carry a very similar load sometimes and I find a backpack is easier to carry esp when you need to keep moving about the whole day. Can consider the Think Tank Shape Shifter. Not really for its ability to 'Shape Shift' but more for the way it feels with a full load. So far the most comfortable backpack I have used, compared to some crumplers and lowepros which I also own.

I second Thinktank shape shifter in terms of weight distribution. I used to own the Lowepro Computrekker. The same setup feels heavy on the latter but somehow is easier to carry on the former. I pair it with the modulus belt and pouches so that it is travel friendly. However, this setup also cost many times more than the Lowepro one.

Last edited:
thx for all the opinion ya it is quite heavy but when i am going overseas i have no choice as i do not know what am i going to shoot haha. Maybe a compu trecker AW will ft nicely, i sae the crumpler karachi outpost i think that is oso bug enough? Any comments on the bag?

Generally, the Crumpler is heavily padded and heavy. Think lens access is not so easy and you probably have to take it off your shoulder to get at your lenses.

Can consider the Lowepro fastpack 350 or the Think tank bags

Generally, the Crumpler is heavily padded and heavy. Think lens access is not so easy and you probably have to take it off your shoulder to get at your lenses.

Can consider the Lowepro fastpack 350 or the Think tank bags

oh ok thx. i think i will get the computreckker AW.

Status
Not open for further replies.