Bad Experience at TommyPrint

armchairsurf

Jan 11, 2008
Hi all,

Just to share my bad experience with this printing shop that I tried printing my photocards.
Its my first time printing so I might not have the correct expectations BUT this shop's service is not very professional.

I do not get their assurance that the quality they gave is same as all OFFSET printings done out there. Thus, I feel it's their quality of printing that is crap. Her inability to answer my question as to IF I were to do printing at other offset printings and get the same quality, tells me that she is shunning away from redoing my cards.

Pardon me if I am bad at writing but well, just read the email thread to get a better understanding.

FYI, their pricing is cheap BUT the quality at an expense. I printed 500 pieces at 48 SGD only. I wish they are on CS and would see how bad an experience they have made for me. They have made my photocard, look from a 3dimensional pic, to a FLAT 2D image~!

This is my advice to you people here. I can only blame myself for the lack of research initially. Watch it people!:thumbsd:

Hi xxx,

Sorry about it.

Have a good day.

Thanks
Sisi

On May 19, 2010, at 10:03 AM, xxx wrote:

Hi Sisi,

I will take note of your company's customer service and spread it around. Thank you for your time.

Yours Faithfully
xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: anchorpoint@tommyprint.com.sg
Subject: RE: AC2914
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:27:12 +0800

Hi Sisi,

Is this the case for all offset printings? Please reply. Thanks.

Yours Faithfully
xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: anchorpoint@tommyprint.com.sg
Subject: RE: AC2914
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:17:52 +0800

Hi Sisi,

I understand it should be different but should not be to this extent I thought.
However, the entire print looks so different from the image. The shadows were all lifted.

If this is the case for all offset printings, I have nothing to say. Are you sure that this is the case before I proceed to another printer? I don't wish to come back to you being a unhappy customer. Do let me know. Thanks.

Yours Faithfully
xxx

CC: anchorpoint@tommyprint.com.sg
To: xxx
Subject: Re: AC2914
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:08:47 +0800

Hi xxx,

Normal printer print out cannot compare to offset printing. It is totally 2 different printing.
After lamination, the image will look darker.

Have a good day.

Thanks
SiSi
Tommyprint
On Apr 19, 2010, at 12:14 AM, Gilbert Teo Yu-Min wrote:

Hi SiSi,

I am looking at it from several monitors on different systems too. Furthermore, my friend did a test print on his printer, and the output was totally different frm whatI had received from you. I don't think the contrast is that big should it??

Yours Faithfully
xxx

To: xxx
Subject: Re: AC2914
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:02:12 +0800

Hi xxx,

Every monitor is calibrated differently , hence it may appear darker on your screen and when printed its lighter , further more all monitors are is RGB and we are printing in CMYK , there will be some variance in out put.
contrast from different monitor brightness is different.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks
SiSi
Tommyprint

On Apr 15, 2010, at 5:13 PM, xxx wrote:

Thanks alot~!

Yours Faithfully
xxx

To: xxx@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: AC2914_print file approval
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:05:44 +0800

Hi xxx,

I haven't get the card yet. I already arrange my colleague send me one sample for me take a look.

Will get back to you soon.

Thanks
SiSi
On Apr 15, 2010, at 3:22 PM, xxx wrote:

Hi,

I just want to clarify how come the image colour came out much lighter in the cards? It was supposed to be more contrasty than what I have now.

I was in a rush thus I just took it today and left. Can you advise how now?

Yours Faithfully
xxx

Last edited: