bad experience at John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think just go. If no refund just take a knife and cut the bag in front of them and walk away, don't look back - just act like those cool guys don't look at explosions :bsmilie: Believe me you will feel better than having the refund.

you know what, after this experience, i'm more inclined to give the bag away because I don't want to make money from it. Not my style. I still need a new one anyway because I need the laptop compartment. Anyone has any thoughts on the lowerpro vertex 200 aw? I like kata, but find it slightly cumbersome due to too many zips, buckles etc.

sigh. Maybe my posts are too long. Like I said in my earlier post, they have a carbon copy of the same receipt. So they can put their worries about scamming aside. And now that they have the same receipt and are satisfied that it is legit, they are saying that I could have bought additional items which are not shown on the receipt. :dunno:

i know they had a carbon copy... and it is legit...
but without you going down, what is to stop another ppl using your scanned receipt and coming up with the same story to scam them...

as i mentioned, with you going down with the original receipt, they can at least stamp/write down on your original receipt which will prevent other ppl from trying to scam them using your scanned receipt..

Lucky you!

It's not about LUCK here.

You have to decide what "type" of consumer you want to be. My Indonesian friend, William shops at Lucky Plaza, in spite of being warned many times. The last time he bought a Lumix for $1.6k and when i told him I got it at $1.3K, he just laughed over it and in fact gave me the possible reasons: like maybe he is a tourist, or maybe the rental is high at LP, etc. I know he is not rich, but he accepted that he is an impulsive buyer and is expected to be plugged.... and he is always a HAPPY buyer!

I shop differently. Do my homework, and have some idea of a reasonable price of the items that I wanted. Usually when i happened to pass a shop (of course i have predetermined some shops) which I preferred, so it doesn't matter whether it is Cathay or John, or Alan, etc.

Let say, I know the price range for an item is $1,150 to $1,300, and the RRP is $1,600.
When I ask the sales person for the price and if he says, $1.6K, I will just smile and say thank you and leave the shop immediately.

But if he says, $1.3k, then i will ask for more information, like warranty, free gifts, etc...
So if i decide to buy, I will start with an $1,150 offer. Sometimes he will say ok, but most of the time he will say it is below his costs. Then probably he will offer $1,250. I will then give a final offer $1.2k and usually it will be done with both sides satisfied.
Check everything is in order and pay.
Usually i will never want to insist on the lowest price because i know the retailer needs to make some money to survive. They will recognize me as a reasonable buyer when i return next time.

So when I am home and let say, in a few days that the market price has been lowered or new free gifts given, I will not be bothered at all.... Over is over, no need to complain.

It would be difference if the goods are defective, or fake, etc.

For me when I see the shop is crowded with customers, I will not enter. Maybe it is just me but i hate to be pushed to buy anything.

Go down and talk to them. It's easier to settle dispute face to face. Give yourself and them a chance to settle the issue. Things might end well for all you know.

Canonised, I fully agree with you. I usually do my market research, like i did with my canon 7D and macro lens from Cathay. I went over to John 3:16 for the first time, looking to buy a bag. I saw something I liked, asked for the price and paid. If they decided to lower their price the next day, then just too bad. I'll move on. If I go to another shop and find that they are selling it to me cheaper. Then, i'll move on too because it's my fault for no checking. But when I hear that the bag is far cheaper in other shops, and I enquire with John 3:16 about the price and they say they normally sell the bag for $190 (and not the $270 I paid), then it becomes slightly of an issue. Because whoever who quoted me the price might have made a mistake and charged me more.

Anyway, i've decided to move on. If they come back with something, good for them (and me). If not, then just too bad. Either way, i've learnt my lesson.

TS, close the thread already. Don't 越苗越黑. People here will not sympathize you. Blame it yourself loh. Even if you wish to share your experience, there are still those who think they know everything.

If you still bad about it, cover your face with a pillow, then scream on top of your voice. Maybe that might help.

Let it go.........

Status
Not open for further replies.