bad experience at John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, just for the record. I don't care about the refund. Like what someone above said, I take it as a lesson learnt and "charge" it to experience. But I had to go through this exercise with them, as a matter of principle and also to highlight what has happened, so that something similar doesn't happen again. Over-charging can be done unintentionally, and I believe this to be the case here. But what is disappointing is the manner and attitude in which John 3:16 have adopted towards this. I asked for an explanation, they asked for a receipt. I provided a receipt, they said it was not good enough because other items could have been added but are not shown. They even said the guy who wrote the receipt can't remember me or the transaction (granted that it has been a month). That being the case, how would my turning up help?

so my question to you is, in that case, how would your NOT turning up help?

can you give a good reason for not turning up? i can give you many good reasons why turning up will work - if they are serving 10 customers and there is this dude in there asking for a refund because of overcharging, believe me, if it was a genuine mistake i would want to show that i have great customer service and refund you.

what do you have to lose?

singapore is like, small. it isn't as if you have to make some journey to the antartica to find a little shack in the middle of a pile of icebergs to locate john 3:16. time lost? maximum 2 hours, assuming you get a man in a little trishaw to pull you around the island.

so i'm wondering, why are you insisting on not going to the shop?

Aiyo.... Let the TS blow off some steam. We have all been through situation like this, I bet none of us felt good about it. He has his points, even if we don't agree with it. In fact I have heard so much about J3:16, but everytime I ask for a quote, the prices seem a bit on the high side. That is why I just walk over to the shop facing it (I guess fellow CSer will know which 1 I am talking about) to get the stuffs I wanted.

End of the day, we can blame the TS for not doing his homework. However, how often we hear this from our trusted friends "Go to XXXXX, they've got the best price. Don't worry, just buy from them" This is how word of mouth worked.

Aiyo.... Let the TS blow off some steam. We have all been through situation like this, I bet none of us felt good about it. He has his points, even if we don't agree with it. In fact I have heard so much about J3:16, but everytime I ask for a quote, the prices seem a bit on the high side. That is why I just walk over to the shop facing it (I guess fellow CSer will know which 1 I am talking about) to get the stuffs I wanted.

End of the day, we can blame the TS for not doing his homework. However, how often we hear this from our trusted friends "Go to XXXXX, they've got the best price. Don't worry, just buy from them" This is how word of mouth worked.

sorry, i not so rich, i have never gotten overcharged without my full knowledge and agreement before. by overcharge, i mean, being charged over the cheapest price available. there are times where i have closed an eye for differences less than $10 for the convenience of buying all my items from the same store.

i guess when you are tight on a budget you actually have to bother about making every cent counts. it's a habit really.. never assume that salesmen are your friends, because they are not.

a lot of people are willing to pay slightly higher prices for john 3:16 - if you've read about comments on john 3:16. it's up to them what they wish to do with their money.. and to be fair, they don't always have higher prices. there are occasions where they have competitive pricing.

night86mare, you seem to be pretty anal yourself.

Yes, it would be nice if they could see the point I was making and be prepared to give me a cheque for the $80. That's one way of maintaining customer relations. Besides, it's not like the $80 is plucked from the air. I say again, by their own admission, the bag costs $190, not $270 which I paid. But yes, my bottom line at the end of the day is, if they decide not to pay it, then fine, I am prepared to leave it at that and I will never patronise them again. Does it always have to be either black or white with you?

If they charged everyone $270 for the bag, then I don't have a bone to pick. Like you said about zara, that would be a huge mark-up. But apparently, I was the only one who paid $270 because the bag normally retails for $190.

Mispricing/over-charging should be done within 7 days you say? God, I love to see you stick to that when you are in my shoes sometime.

night86mare, you seem to be pretty anal yourself.

Yes, it would be nice if they could see the point I was making and be prepared to give me a cheque for the $80. That's one way of maintaining customer relations. Besides, it's not like the $80 is plucked from the air. I say again, by their own admission, the bag costs $190, not $270 which I paid. But yes, my bottom line at the end of the day is, if they decide not to pay it, then fine, I am prepared to leave it at that and I will never patronise them again. Does it always have to be either black or white with you?

If they charged everyone $270 for the bag, then I don't have a bone to pick. Like you said about zara, that would be a huge mark-up. But apparently, I was the only one who paid $270 because the bag normally retails for $190.

Mispricing/over-charging should be done within 7 days you say? God, I love to see you stick to that when you are in my shoes sometime.
yes, i am anal. at least i'm willing to admit it. ;)

why should they give in to customers who are being ridiculous? that's like saying that if i go to the supermarket and demand for an offer that expired 3 days ago and beat my fists and bawl ntuc should give me the offer just to appease me. i think there is a thin fine line between being a reasonable customer and being overly demanding.

once again, what's wrong with going down to the shop? perhaps the person handling your case through email can't make the decision?

i don't think there's anything wrong with being unhappy about mispricing, don't get me wrong. i do think there is something extremely wrong about expecting to be treated like the royal sultan of brunei on a white elephant when you're digging out month old receipts and asking for refunds, because as i said, they don't have to entertain you.

do you really think anyone would give a damn if those ang moh tourists went back home and started posting up pictures of their receipts of their grossly overpriced tiger prawns after a month? i'd really love to see that, maybe it would put things into context for you.

anyways, just to throw you another question:

if john 3:16 called you yesterday and said, "sorry rupertstreet, we've been selling these bags for $800, and other shops are selling them for $800, but we have undercharged you and given you the bag for $270. can you kindly pay us the difference of $530? oh, and can you please, please, mail us a cheque for $530?"

please tell me that you'd do the same for them. :bsmilie:

hello! Those ang mos were intentionally over-charged. THey agreed, they ate, they paid, so end of story.

John 3:16 has already said the bag only sells for $190 but they sold it to me for $270. What part of the picture do you not get? I think there is a difference when someone intentionally sells you something for $270 as opposed to someone who mistakenly sells you something for $270 because he says the price ought to have been $190.

i'm sorry but your example doesn't even merit a response because it's a case of comparing apples with oranges.

hello! Those ang mos were intentionally over-charged. THey agreed, they ate, they paid, so end of story.

John 3:16 has already said the bag only sells for $190 but they sold it to me for $270. What part of the picture do you not get? I think there is a difference when someone intentionally sells you something for $270 as opposed to someone who mistakenly sells you something for $270 because he says the price ought to have been $190.

so you are saying if john 3:16 told you : "brother, we chopped you hard. suck it up like a man" you'd be happier? :bsmilie: i don't really think so.

ok let's just throw everything aside - what's so hard about going down to john 3:16? why haven't you answered this question after i've asked it so many times?

just go down to john 3:16, and let us know what happened. as far as i'm concerned, sitting down yakking and whining to people on the internet is just plain boring. you might as well find a bartender to bug - at least you're buying from them.

what's the problem with going to the shop?

TS would be surprised with their memory when it comes to faces.

2. J316 offered a refund if possible, offer to meet in person, but TS refused to go down to discussed but insist to go by email. Even if refund also insist on a cheque to be sent. Come on give some slack and go down and discuss rather than just insisting things your way.
highlight good advice.

out of here, obviously ts is 100% impervious to any logic but anything conceived in his head.

just remember, salesmen are also people. they are out to earn your money, that is true, but they also deserve some amount of respect. until that respect is not given by the other party, i will always make it a point to ensure that their points of view are fully considered - ask myself if i'm being unreasonable?

have a nice day.

i don't know Samuel from adam, but you sure sounded like him when you said "brother, we chopped you hard....".

To answer you, yes, if $270 was what they intentionally charged me and I paid, then i'd suck it up. I would complain to them, but I won't demand a refund because it's my mistake for not checking and doing my market research. I said in my earlier post that I can accept mark-ups but not over-charging. So if their mark-up is indeed $80, then so be it. In my case however, it's probably a mistake, because of their admission that they normally sell the bag at $190. If that is indeed the case, then it isn't unreasonable for them to offer something, be it a refund of the difference or, I don't know, some voucher or something, just to maintain goodwill, since it's their mistake too.

I'm sorry if my posts come across as whining. That is not my intention. It is really to share my experience (this is what a forum is for, right) so that others know and hopefully benefit from it (at my expense, of course).

Finally, I don't see the point in going down (other than going to pressure them in front of other people). If they said "hey, yes, there seems to be a problem, please come down and discuss". At least, there appears to be some hope. But not when they ask for something (i.e. receipt) and when you give it to them, then say it's not good enough and the guy can't remember you or the transaction, but you might want to come down to talk to him. Anyway...

I think to TS, it's not the money issue of losing that extra bucks. I think TS is unhappy because the shop overpriced their stuffs and not consistent with their pricings. John 3:16 is supposed to be a reliable shop after having so many good reviews and yet such incident occurs where price is not fixed.

I think to TS, it's not the money issue of losing that extra bucks. I think TS is unhappy because the shop overpriced their stuffs and not consistent with their pricings. John 3:16 is supposed to be a reliable shop after having so many good reviews and yet such incident occurs where price is not fixed.

No, that's not the point. Like I said earlier, if they choose to overprice and I buy, then yes, I would be unhappy but there's not much I can do.

In my case, they sold the bag to me for $270 when they normally sell it for $190. Obviously there has been a mistake, unless John 3:16 now say, that they had intentionally charged me $270 simply because I came in shirt and tie.

end of the day : just do your homework, if not, be prepared to be chopped, it happens everyday in this line.

end of the day : just do your homework, if not, be prepared to be chopped, it happens everyday in this line.

you've said it John. Lesson definitely learnt. Got to go walk my paralysed dog.

Guys, just for the record. I don't care about the refund. Like what someone above said, I take it as a lesson learnt and "charge" it to experience. But I had to go through this exercise with them, as a matter of principle and also to highlight what has happened, so that something similar doesn't happen again. Over-charging can be done unintentionally, and I believe this to be the case here. But what is disappointing is the manner and attitude in which John 3:16 have adopted towards this. I asked for an explanation, they asked for a receipt. I provided a receipt, they said it was not good enough because other items could have been added but are not shown. They even said the guy who wrote the receipt can't remember me or the transaction (granted that it has been a month). That being the case, how would my turning up help?

This is a forum after all, where people relate their experiences, be it good or bad (mostly bad ones end up being published) so that others would be aware. And just so that you know, time is a non-issue. A close friend of mine has even managed to get a refund for a pair of zara shoes after a year based on the fact that it was defective. The same friend also got a refund for antiques (arguably his first time, hence got cheated) he bought which turned out to be fake. It's really about how resilient you are in pushing the matter.

If you don't care about the refund.. then what would you want to get from your complaint?

1. Get the girl sacked?
2. Get Leslie sacked?
3. J316 closed down?

Come on la... you want something to be done.. but being egoistic, you don't want to admit. I think if they have offered a face to face resolution to this matter.. you could have given them a chance for the service recovery.

On emails, the girl sitting behind the computer, may not be as articulate as you want her to be. Not everyone can be service perfect when it comes to writing. She may have written something unintentionally that sparked your temper...

When you give a feedback to a company plainly as a feedback, then don't expect an outcome..

If you want a reply, make sure you know what you want. It seems like you want them to just send a cheque to you after a few exchange of emails.. Who will do that?

As a consumer, be reasonable to gain some respect.

On top of all these, J316 is a more expensive shop to go. I personally paid more to get my stuff from them before... I moved on..

Live and let live.

Bro, you cannot compare prices after 1 month later lei. And going down to the shop to sort things out would kill you what?
Comsumer want the best services and prices, but we got to be fair to owner right?

Im not that kind of person that go looking around comparing prices.
So i only go to the shop that i like and i do not mind paying abit more for their services.

And John 3:16 is 1 of my recommended shop, at least for me.
I believe things will be alot more easier if you make your way down.

My 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.