Bad experieice at AP (Sim Lim) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

infusia

Dec 9, 2005
Hi guys,

finally decided to go buy the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro. So went down to Sim Lim AP. While in the shop, i went straight to the counter and asked to test the lens. (Actually i already wanted to buy it) The guy who served me, told me that no testing allowed unless i want to buy it. I was like HUH??? nvm, since they don't allow test, so ok loh. I wanted to say ok i'll get it but i saw 2 different boxes there. 1 is the gold one and one is the black one. I saw the black one before but not the gold one. The gold box has "Super II" on it. So i just ask the person, what's the difference between the 2? since they are both 70-300mm APO DG Macro. Just that 1 has the Super II and is in gold colored box. You know what? the guy just say "ai yah different packaging only lah. both the same thing. gold box new packaging, black box old packaging. what mount you want?" i was thinking... wah so rude.. nvm since i know generally sim lim attitude is like that. i told them mine is Nikon mount. then the guy say.. oh Nikon only left the gold packaging one... you want anot? i ask how much. $330 was the reply. Any discount i ask. NO! was the reply... i was pretty pissed by thier attitude. i just walked off...

sigh... thought today i can get this wonderful lens... anyway... is the difference in packaging really true? Whats Super II then?? :(

You're better off buying in CP...

get name ...

shoot him out here ,,,,

Go to AP if you know the sales guys well and they are not too busy with other customers. I've seen similar experiences at AP.. stopped going there.

$330 is ok for this lens. but i nv received such treatment i dare say. they always allowed testing for me and before i even say i want to buy, steven already took the lens out and mount on camera to let me play liao!

Generally, you are better off getting at CP, Tk foto or Lords @ Lucky Plaza if you are not familiar with camera shops, these places give you better service any time compared to AP.

TMC said:
Generally, you are better off getting at CP, Tk foto or Lords @ Lucky Plaza if you are not familiar with camera shops, these places give you better service any time compared to AP.
After so many bites, there's still people going to AP and after that complaining... :rolleyes:

Tell him don't test how to buy? Ask for his boss in hokkien, give him the stare! Thats what I do. Then I ask the boss in hokkien how he do business one? Cannot test? Not buying toy leh? Now I dun see that guy anymore.

Thread closed. I think we have enough complain threads of the same nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.