bad attitude of TFCD models/model wannabes

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, despite trying to make her feel comfortable, getting MUAs to do her a favor. aih... yup, we are talking about princess biatches. i find most of these breed are those who are just starting out - thinking models are goddesses. thing is, a lot of these TFCD models tend to be spoilt by photographers offering TFCDs too.

yup, despite trying to make her feel comfortable, getting MUAs to do her a favor. aih... yup, we are talking about princess biatches. i find most of these breed are those who are just starting out - thinking models are goddesses. thing is, a lot of these TFCD models tend to be spoilt by photographers offering TFCDs too.

The problem is not TFCD. I do TFCD. I don't spoil my models. I treat them well and deliver the images, but a shoot is a shoot, it's not a time to coddle up the model, it's not a time to make her feel good, nor is it a time to find a gf. It's work. Be it, very rewarding work.

I can usually spot them a mile away when I meet up with them. Start filtering out the flakes first. That is a good start. If they were flaky when meeting up, they will always be flaky, and your shoot is in jeopardy.

This story sounds quite familiar - is the model's name starting with C? :)

Cheers!

Such as:

Criticizing and insulting MUAs (which willingly come down to do the make up for free), giving them the look like they are not doing their job. ungrateful and very spoilt.

China? Neednt not look too far than sg, where visiting/local VP's, etc fr big entertainment corps are doing the same to the gals here.

On the other extreme, i had also heard of filming audition in china that the director kicked a big fuss about model's make up during an audition. The next moment, she was ushered to a hotel room to provide free sex in order for a higher chance to pass her audition the next round. You want to know how the real world works? It sucks sometimes.

yes, well, it sucks..

because in a perfect world, most people will be disgusted.

in this world, however, you have just given many many gwcs ideas of migrating to china to be film directors..

Cheers!

Maybe. I lost track of the alphabet. Can probably find one for every alphebet.

I try to insist meeting up with the model before a shoot.

I always insist on talking/emailing the model directly, going thru a 3rd party is a recipe for disaster unless you are dealing with seasoned agency girls and reputable agents.

I lay out clearly with all models what is expected when we meet up, there is no surprises.

There are so many things that can go wrong. Assuming that the model is genuine, not merely playing the role of a princess-biatch, it's my job to make sure she is comfortable, and therefore, no unforeseen problems

Based on TS's thread title, I am assuming that we are talking about the princess-biatches. There is nothing we can do, but to weed them out and try not to work with them. If the model starts showing bad attitude at a shoot, I will politely halt everything and call it a rap.

Agreed as per comments.

Such as:

Criticizing and insulting MUAs (which willingly come down to do the make up for free), giving them the look like they are not doing their job. ungrateful and very spoilt.

haha i've even had cases where the moller cause endless drama. now a days i don't put up with this nonsense. i tell them to get out and blacklist them immediately.

Thing is, these ppl don't care if you blacklist them or not as there're so many photographers who willingly do TFCD and spoil them. Maybe not for paid shoots. Imagine paying some money to the organizer, and model throws temper or whine.

Some of them even look at camera models. I remember my friend got insulted during a TFCD session, saying his camera not pro enough.

Your friend should simply look at the model up and down and say "your face also not pro enough, your body is only passable, and hence is a very good fit for my un-pro camera!"

Thing is, these ppl don't care if you blacklist them or not as there're so many photographers who willingly do TFCD and spoil them. Maybe not for paid shoots. Imagine paying some money to the organizer, and model throws temper or whine.

Some of them even look at camera models. I remember my friend got insulted during a TFCD session, saying his camera not pro enough.

haha. that would totally destroy the whole shoot. TFCD models sometime think they are doing us a favour, coming down to pose, and those with little experience will complain why is a photoshoot so tough.

another kind of models are those who just flee at last minute. i.e. never return sms/call. just go MIA.

The world is very real U manage it the way you think is right. U pay for the price for things you do.

U choose short-cut?

Your friend should simply look at the model up and down and say "your face also not pro enough, your body is only passable, and hence is a very good fit for my un-pro camera!"

:thumbsup: nice comeback.

Cheers!

hahahaha i think i know which one u refering to... but now there's a new one also name starting with C... i realised it's easier to find nice and willing models on your own outside of CS rather then to use those new ones that you find on CS... i'm not condemming all of them but there are certain individuals who are like that ..... i didn't realise this thread was around otherwise i wouldn't have started mine in the first place! hahaha

Is yours Ce*******? Heheh :)

hahahaha i think i know which one u refering to... but now there's a new one also name starting with C... i realised it's easier to find nice and willing models on your own outside of CS rather then to use those new ones that you find on CS... i'm not condemming all of them but there are certain individuals who are like that ..... i didn't realise this thread was around otherwise i wouldn't have started mine in the first place! hahaha

Is yours Ce*******? Heheh :)

Seems it's a diff girl which brings the total count of those starting with C to 3!! Anyway just wanted to share a personal experience of mine about a few years back. A fren of mine, wanted to go into modelling and requested my assistance to help with her portfolio. I agreed and did a shoot for her, tfcd... after her first shoot i felt she had potential and asked her to do another shoot... this time she asked me to pay her!! well as a fren i thought ok since she's got the potential and well as a fren maybe just pay her a fee for her work... but the 2nd time round... the shoot was worse off then the first one... had so much lesser good pics compared to the first one...

After that i dared not shoot her anymore as her rate just got higher n higher each time i asked if she interested to do a shoot... mind you, she does not shoot with any other photog as she nv had experience doing this b4 and she only asked me... becoz of this, now even our friendship has soured coz i can't agree to her rates and she feels that i very "ge gao" as a fren dun wan to pay her...

Although not EVERY model is like that, but i'm seeing a growing thrend of models who think that after one or 2 tfcds they become Tyra Banks and think they are Singapore's next top model... i feel that one has to learn how to walk before learning how to run... we as photogs dun start quoting high rates to do event shoots when we just started out right?? heck there are even some who charge 50 an hour or 150 a whole day to do events....

Yes we can choose to reject them and not shoot them but if this thrend grows and grows then where do we draw the line between the professional models (like Jeffery Chung Models) and the part time / freelance models. Pride always comes before a fall....

PS, i'm prepared to be slammed again by a certain individual let's see whether it happens ;)

Bro .... don't waste your time and energy on all these TFCD first timer mollers .....
even the organizers are having problems with some of them ....:dunno:

Bro .... don't waste your time and energy on all these TFCD first timer mollers .....
even the organizers are having problems with some of them ....:dunno:

Yeah i know given up on all of them liow. I now hunt for fresh faces through frens and old models that i used to know. Once bitten FOREVER SHY!!! hahaha

Frankly the standard of most of the mollers here are pathetic .... and they are asking for $50 to $100 an hour!
Frankly, i have seen many of them and almost all of them cannot pose well (IMO, the reason is that their foundation is too weak)... the consolation is that they have pretty faces. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.