Another to share:

110909_7006.jpg

Last edited:
210909_7524.jpg

Last edited:
#12 is :thumbsup:
nice ribbon on the top =P

Last edited:
:thumbsup: So cute... this is the reason why I bought a DSLR, to capture every moment of my baby...

#12 is :thumbsup:
nice ribbon on the top =P

Thanks Shuin. My wife put it on. I was just shooting away and my wife just put the ribbon on. So it's there. :)

:thumbsup: So cute... this is the reason why I bought a DSLR, to capture every moment of my baby...

Yes... shoot more and shoot indiscriminately! That's the beauty of digital. Just capture first... and decide whether to keep later. However, it pays to read up on photography... so that you will have more keepers. Children are very difficult to take because they move so much, and so unpredictably. :D

So cute!!!!

I also think so... but then I'm severely biased. :bsmilie:

bro, u have my respect. these r so well taken, really capturing the moments.

hahaha, perhaps i'm saying this cause i know how hard it is to take children's photo ;p

bro, u have my respect. these r so well taken, really capturing the moments.

hahaha, perhaps i'm saying this cause i know how hard it is to take children's photo ;p

Thanks redname. Really appreciate it. Yes, it's very hard to take children's photos... but I try harder. I take my trusty 450D to the limit quite often. I wish it has more than 6 frames buffer because kids move so quickly. I bought an Extreme III card just so that the camera buffer clears quickly. :D

241009_7879.jpg

Last edited:
It's been some time since I last posted pictures of Rachael. I have been really busy this year. Obviously, she has grown...

200610_2616.jpg

220810_0184.jpg

Last edited:
These are some of her friends who came to visit...
310710_2848.jpg

Rachael is very cute. It's interesting to note that your backgrounds are usually very uncluttered. Do you have a few places in the house with an uncluttered background and so you can leave Rachael at a spot while you take her photos?

I live in a modestly small home and there are simply too much clutter for me to take nice portraits of my daughter without the busy background.

Rachael is very cute. It's interesting to note that your backgrounds are usually very uncluttered. Do you have a few places in the house with an uncluttered background and so you can leave Rachael at a spot while you take her photos?

I live in a modestly small home and there are simply too much clutter for me to take nice portraits of my daughter without the busy background.

Thanks John.

When my daughter was much younger, I took most of the portraits on the bed. It helped that my window was huge... so it allowed ample quality light in. This window light was great. You see the studio lightings that people use? They use very large soft boxes, and even then, they probably cannot get the same quality of light I got. I was lucky. I used to drape a solid colour throw over the bed to create a simple backdrop when my baby was smaller... or place the baby next to the window to get a simple backlit scene. It requires thought and planning. Of course, there are shots with the usual clutter in the background, but those are for my personal memory. :)

Then I moved house, and now I need to work in a different environment. I try to shoot in places where there are less clutter, and lead Rachael there. She's my daughter, and we have a good relationship... so I play with her and get her to run into the good light with clear backdrop. Sometimes, there may be glaring items in the background... For those, I usually desaturate the offending items using PS and make them less glaring.

Oh... and in shot 33 above, I was experimenting with my newly setup home studio. It was a 2 light setup, but one of the strobes ran out of battery when she was smiling... so it became Rembrant ligting by accident.... more masculine, but also more depth (by accident). Next time, I will use fresh batteries when I shoot... and hopefully I will get better results. :D