B+W F-Pro UV vs Nikon NC LC37, which is better for DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ipin said:
there are 2 MOs for NC filters running in the "Mass Orders / Mass Sales" sub forum currently. :D
All by sykestang mah :thumbsup: Get the NC lor.

_espn_ said:
All by sykestang mah :thumbsup: Get the NC lor.
yup! bought ALL my NC filters from sykestang. Smooth, easy and positive impression after every transaction. try it out to see for yourself! :D :thumbsup:

ipin said:
yup! bought ALL my NC filters from sykestang. Smooth, easy and positive impression after every transaction. try it out to see for yourself! :D :thumbsup:
Compare them on newspaper!! Always!

_espn_ said:
:thumbsup: point! :heart:

_espn_ said:

So check for colour changes?? or wat?

zac08 said:
So check for colour changes?? or wat?
newspaper, to check for softness etc.
for colour tint, use pure white paper or surface ;)

Little_Zeus said:
need your comments here.

If I have to choose, I would go for the B+W UV (MRC). Did a test years ago and found that the B+W flare and ghost less due to better coating. Here're some examples:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

regit said:
If I have to choose, I would go for the B+W UV (MRC). Did a test years ago and found that the B+W flare and ghost less due to better coating. Here're some examples:
from the ghosting, no filter would be best! :D

so far nobody compares the scratch resistance, dirt resistance and cleanability of the two filters? that is more impt for me.

zoossh said:
so far nobody compares the scratch resistance, dirt resistance and cleanability of the two filters? that is more impt for me.
So, buy B+W filter lah...

Regards,
Arto.

zoossh said:
since this is a Nikon sub forum and ALL my filters are NC filters, I can only speak for the NC filters.
- Scratch resistance : so far so good. have not seen or noticed any scratches and the coating is hardy.
- dirt resistance?! :dunno: any filter would have their fare share of attraction to dust particles. some filter cleaners claim to have resistance to them, but i only use the cleaners for stubbon stains and apply PURE alcohol to mop up any traces of them.
- cleanability : normally lens tissue would do the job. easy to remove fingerprints and unknowns. :bsmilie:

perhaps u can consider cokin filter system? but it's a bit leychey to switch the holder between lenses.

ipin said:
from the ghosting, no filter would be best! :D
ya lor, put filter for what? spend $$$$ and then put a filter infront? hmmm

only scare scratch is it?

Thanks for sharing - Such tests help in the thread starter's decision other than popular opinions.

regit said:

slooow said:

normally that is the case. easier and cheaper to replace a filter then the front element! :sweat:

Daniz said:
I am using a Nikon NC... on my canon system. ;p
speaks volumes of the NC filters! :thumbsup: :heart:

slooow said:

Precisely...

Even my $330 lens have $75 B+W filter. Later if I have Nikkor (+/-) $175 50mm f/1.8, I will put (+/-) $60 B+W filter on it.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Precisely...

Even my $330 lens have $75 B+W filter. Later if I have Nikkor (+/-) $175 50mm f/1.8, I will put (+/-) $60 B+W filter on it.

Regards,
Arto.
there are always 2 camps for filters. not discounting the B+W filters, they are good too. each to their own preferrences and choices. ;)

Artosoft said:
Precisely...

Regards,
Arto.

i like your style man...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.