B&W enthusiasts gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
impromtu, got sth to attend to on that day too..
take mine off the list too.
thanks for the effort anyway

cheers

I am keen to attend! is there anymore place available?
cheers

yong

Again, push up this thread as a gentle reminder for Sunday's gathering....

Date : 02 Januray 2005, Sunday
Time : 1300 to 1530 hrs
Venue : EPSITE Gallery at Wheelock Place, 3rd floor

No restriction onb the number of people that can come now. Just come.....

Points to note again.

1. Pls prepare 2 of yr B&W prints (traditional silver halide or digital) of at least size A4 or 8x10 inch & above.
2. If u r coming, pls pay S$5 for the food & drinks that will be prepared.
3. I need volunteers to help run the event on the day, if u r keen to help, pls PM me yr contact number.
4. U can also prepare yr print on yr laptop as a showslide . But Pls bring yr own laptop as EPSITE can only supply the project & not laptop.

The session will focus on:
1. Sharing of darkroom / printing techniques used pertaining to the print. Learning is the keyword. U can try or experiment further at yr own time after that.
2. Take criticisms & comments positively. I'm sure people who attend are genuine abt helping others nurture their B&W interest.
3. No guest speaker this round as I intend to set some guidelines & admin stuff for the next gathering. Pls give yr ideas what u what to see in the next gathering. Will share my vision of the movement.
4. Any $$$ leftover will be rolled over for the refreshment & any other expenses in the next gathering. Target for once a month at EPSITE Gallery. Can talk later.

HaPPY NeW yEaR 2005!!!

I in...............but dame i just get to knoe it just now.Is hard for me to print de 2best but dont knoe my B/W is best or not nobody give comments liaooo.....
But for A4 to 8R cant possible make it but for 4R i think still can.How was it ?
Last minute Notice...................

Diet said:
HaPPY NeW yEaR 2005!!!

I in...............but dame i just get to knoe it just now.Is hard for me to print de 2best but dont knoe my B/W is best or not nobody give comments liaooo.....
But for A4 to 8R cant possible make it but for 4R i think still can.How was it ?
Last minute Notice...................

Having nice prints to share is wonderful! At the end, I personally do not think this is the most important thing.

I think the most important thing regarding this gathering is like-mined people getting together, and hopefully this can be a "seed" to encourage advancement of black & white photography in our community.

So come, and I think even if you do not have prints to show. I hope Jeffrey do not mind me saying this.

Have attached an montage of today's shots! Only abt 18 person turned up. Many who promised to come didn't come, probably due to the rain, we ended up with a lot of food leftover... Hope to see all of you in the next session

montage1BW3.jpg

To keep in view, in the next session we're trying to get:

1. A guest speaker - Trying to get Ken Seet to talk abt his UN Peace Keeping Mission at East Timor project by SAF.
2. Critique session
3. Hopefully can share something abt B&W digital wkflow.

Tune in for more details in a new thread when the dates have been confirmed.
Many thanks to those who turn up despite the rain & also Epsite for allowing the use of their premises.

wow~
nice montage! the pretty gal covering the event did a great job!

Nice meeting you guys, as I have not been physically printing black & white prints for the pass years. I am looking into the digital work flow for B&W and hope it can match the true B&W print if not closer .... :sweatsm:

Looking forward for the 2nd gathering next month .. :D

my apologies for not being able to make it last minute.. had to settle some family matters.... sigh.. looks like you guys had a grand time! Thanks to Jeffrey for organising the 1st one..

will definitely try to make it for the next one... :)

sorry had to withdraw. my wife sprained her ankle in the wet weather the other day.. darn.... raining for the last 4-5 days already...

will try to make it for the next one!

Kex,
the jude Epsite gal did the photos & I piece them up in the montage. Did this so that I can show more photos on the net without taking too much bandwidth. :D

No hard feelings to those who did not come. We thought u just miss out on all the fun.

As a matter of feedback, do you think we shld implement collecting the $5 per session for people who are attending prior to the gathering. This make it easier for the organiser to estimate how much food to buy. Not too good to waste food in the midst where some other poor victims in neighbouring countries are fighting with the elements and hunger.

We just breakeven yesterday with an extra $10 collected after paying for the food/drinks. The group had wanted to donate the extra money to the Tsunami victims but, I guess the sum would be better to roll over to the next gathering as the sum is not meaningful to donate.

BTW, who was the person who said he'll help in the food for the next gathering, can u PM me. Miss yr name, sorry.

Sorry guys and gals, last mintes work pop up. :cry: Hate to have miss it. Please keep me in the loop for the next :kiss: one. Thanks

Hi jcryan,
I could help to buy some finger food for next gathering! If i am not doing OT on that day. 90011735(Hp)

cheers
yong

my apologies for not turning up due to church commitments :embrass:

i second the collection of payment prior to the session. I will contribute the $5 for missing the last session.

sorry for not making it to this session, last min something urgent came up

Status
Not open for further replies.