B&W enthusiasts gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
tucker said:
heya, since there're limited seatings for the offical gathering & there're a handful of us on the reserve, can we have a smaller gathering ourselves then?
though we might not have 'prepared' food and drinks but no entrance fee for us?
so coffee and prints?
I'm free anyway.

These sound good too. As long can meet up with some "real BW player" :)

Btw, i dun knw how to develop or print B/W. Is it ok?

hoppinghippo said:
21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
26. Khairi (will be back in SG on 4th jan)
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser

Hope I am not too late :)

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein

Hope I am not too late :)

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein
31. georgie

tucker said:
heya, since there're limited seatings for the offical gathering & there're a handful of us on the reserve, can we have a smaller gathering ourselves then?
though we might not have 'prepared' food and drinks but no entrance fee for us?
so coffee and prints?
I'm free anyway.
would love to meet those pros who are still doing b&w prints. i duno where all my traditional prints went to liao, can i just show neg instead? ;p

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein
31. georgie
32. quekky

jcryan55 said:
The list above is based on the time that the person put up their posting. For people like Ipenguin, Iceberg & Singscott, if u confirm cannot come on the above date, then I'll put the next person on the reserve list up. U can put yr name in the reserve list if u r still keen. ;)

Hi Jeff
I really can't confirm the date until it draws nearer.. mebbe can put me at top of reserve list first? so that when anyone pulls out nearer to the date... then I can confirm my attendance.. like probably swap place with stefyxz?

Also, to All.. I am just a novice/student doing BnW Darkroom printing.. hope to learn more from you guys.

Thanks.

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein
31. georgie
32. quekky
33. Tim

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein
31. georgie
32. quekky
33. Tim
34. Rubric

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein
31. georgie
32. quekky
33. Tim
34. Rubric
35. armand78

forget to add my name the last tread.. darn ****.. :sweat:

Forgot to ask jcryan: is this gathering meant for discussing/learning printing techniques or more for the (B&W) image itself?

Hong Sien

hey, there's only 'limited' seating for 20 pple, so what's going to happen the rest of us 'reserve' ??

21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo
29. litechaser
30. Einstein
31. georgie
32. quekky
33. Tim
34. Rubric
35. armand78
36. sk163

Sighz! Shouldn't have gone for my vacation break. Now I'll miss the chance to meet up with the black and white enthusiast in CS :cry:

Jeff - Can follow the logic of the seats even though 20 is a verysmall number.
Would suggest forgeting about food and drinks - there's a perfectly good coffee shop across the road where we can go to if we need to be feed. I suugest a repriorisation if this is to be more than a "we sit eagerly to catch the pearls of the visiting master" Black and white work is about practice and practice and more practice while trying to learn to see. Its is not learnt from verbal tips from any horse's mouth in a public lecture.

I'm keen on joining the B&W group. Please advise date/time/place. Thanks.
Porcupine. Mobile 95314363 Thanks.

Yo....Finally got details sorted out with the sponsor, Epsite Gallery! Now, u know who's behind this event!

The Details:

Date : 02 Januray 2005, Sunday
Time : 1300 to 1530 hrs
Venue : EPSITE Gallery at Wheelock Place, 3rd floor

I managed to convince them to allow all 35 of us at the gathering. So, all can come la & not what originally planned for 20 person. However, probably some of u will have to stand since there would not be enuff chairs to go around. The following to note for people coming:

1. Pls prepare 2 of yr B&W prints (traditional silver halide or digital) of at least size A4 or 8x10 inch & above.
2. If u r coming, pls pay S$5 for the food & drinks that will be prepared.
3. I need volunteers to help run the event on the day, if u r keen to help, pls PM me yr contact number.
4. U can also prepare yr print on yr laptop as a showslide . But Pls bring yr own laptop as EPSITE can only supply the project & not laptop.

The session will focus on:
1. Sharing of darkroom / printing techniques used pertaining to the print. Learning is the keyword. U can try or experiment further at yr own time after that.
2. Take criticisms & comments positively. I'm sure people who attend are genuine abt helping others nurture their B&W interest.
3. No guest speaker this round as I intend to set some guidelines & admin stuff for the next gathering. Pls give yr ideas what u what to see in the next gathering. Will share my vision of the movement.
4. Any $$$ leftover will be rolled over for the refreshment & any other expenses in the next gathering. Target for once a month at EPSITE Gallery. Can talk later.

OK...See all of you there on 2 Jan 04 then.

Merry Christmas & a good new year ahead!!!!

:cheergal: for the great effort and allowing all to attend :vhappy:

Merry Christmas to every1 .. :angel:

Pushing it up again so that all of u can take note of the details again. :bsmilie: :sweatsm: :bigeyes:

hoppinghippo said:
21. stefyxz
22. Chenchengchai
23. offspring
24. Tucker
25. Wolfgang
27. Tupi Guy
28. Hoppinghippo

Count me in too!!

Pls put me on waiting list...
Ah Lay

Status
Not open for further replies.