Autofocus in entry level cam

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
Hey wanna know if one can manually add an autofocus machine inside its entry level camera w/o one . Is it possible ? Pardon my ignorance

Hey wanna know if one can manually add an autofocus machine inside its entry level camera w/o one . Is it possible ? Pardon my ignorance

I would think not... There would be insufficient space, since none has been planned for it? Most cameras are quite packed in terms of electronics. But then again, I've never seen one of those cameras without a AF motor. (not AF machine la)

lemme guess: You bought a Nikon entry-level model (eg. D3000, D3100, D5000, etc) and wanna pair it with AF 50/1.8 D? ;)

no, if the camera wasn't have a motor since it design without one, probably you won't able to find the parts needed and don't have space for it.

just buy a higher level camera or get the AF-S lenses if that really bothers you.

erm i dont think so also, no space to install also lei,

if got and its expensive

why not go for 1 with af motor? D90? if your using nikon

TS' post history has something about pairing SB600 with D3000, so I assume camera referred to is D3000.

2 options are AFS-DX 35/1.8G and AFS 50/1.8G (among others), but AF lenses like 50/1.8D do not offer auto-focus when paired with D3000, unfortunately.