Attention mac users!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha... i think u r right. its 'peek'. getting old lah, can't help it. :bsmilie:

the old games r fun too!! u used the apple II/II+/IIc//IIe also? those were the days man.... u have to be filthy rich to afford 512Kb of RAM.

btw, whats the name of the sound card? can't remember already. was full of 'awe' when i first heard the music on Ultima from my friend's apple. :bsmilie:

i used an apple II+ with i think 64K of memory of which 16K was on a language card. had a z80 card too...was that the card that provide 80 columns of text? damn...so long ago...very hazy...

i remember having to BLOAD and BSAVE stuff to cassette tapes too :eek:. never did upgrade to the pal color card or sound card....

hehe...dun forget call -151 :)

Piper said:
Wooou! you guys have mistaken me lah. I am not against the patch, but rather the recent glitches found in Macs. I am actually surprised to heard that the so called "solid" Mac OS X touted by many as "very secure", has a hidden a serious loophole for ppl to hack. Personally, I find this defeat the purpose of getting the Mac and I think i give up on the Mac Mini and stick with my PC to wait for the Longhorn, since there not much diff in term of security btw the Mac and XP now. Maybe Longhorn will be more secure than Mac in the future. (I dunno) ;p . And ultimately, Mac is NOT CHEAP. Cool down guys! :bsmilie:

Longhorn more secure than mac OS? I dunno..... u'll be loooong in the tooth waiting for it :) and besides, which Microsoft OS / product is ever "secure"? :p

well, its as secure as mac OS as long as nobody pick bones out of an egg. ;) eg, the convenience of auto updates is great but people who want to be famous, exploits it & put a bomb in it. so if someone backside itchy & decided to put a bomb inside the OS X auto update as well, u will get a lot more frequent patches coming. ;p

nightpiper said:
well, its as secure as mac OS as long as nobody pick bones out of an egg. ;) eg, the convenience of auto updates is great but people who want to be famous, exploits it & put a bomb in it. so if someone backside itchy & decided to put a bomb inside the OS X auto update as well, u will get a lot more frequent patches coming. ;p

Well, tell us about the Sasser worm that does not require any user 'help'.

Debating about Mac vs Windows will never end.

Check out this

On the security side, it's just a matter who has better and faster reaction towards the newfound flaws. M$ has been notoriously known to be slow in releasing patches once a flaw is found. Apple has better luck that most of it's OS components are based on Open Source, hence the rapid fixes.

sorry, this is not about wintel vs mac but just a mac security update note. ;)

nevertheless its a fun read. thx. :)

i m not too sure about the rapid fix for macs, but the last one i read from some anti virus co., apple hasn't patch their iTunes bug for months. MS record for patch was 7 days for the Sasser worm (think its the RPC shutting computer down), if i remember correctly. but heck, if u dun plug into the net, none of these will affect u at all on either platform. :bsmilie: but then again, lets be realistic, get a router with build in firewall & regular patches wud be more or less the solution for now. :thumbsup:

best of luck using your computer (whatever platform that maybe). :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.