Asian Aerospace 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
KNIGHT ONG said:
Actually more interested in the flying display, so can bring big zoom 70-200mm lens to shoot? :think:

70-200mm lens is not long enough to capture the flying display, you need at least 400mm lens. :D

I noticed that the F117 has been removed from the flying display list, and the SH-60 seahawk from the static display list. The layout map still shows the seahawk though.

skyflash said:
For the past AA, the flying display is just outside the compound. you can see a line of buoys marking a line just off the coastline. The middle of the line is roughly the centre of the "aerial stage".

Sorry couldn't get what you mean. In short, do we need to buy the ticket? Or just stand around the area should be able to see?

webstop said:
Sorry couldn't get what you mean. In short, do we need to buy the ticket? Or just stand around the area should be able to see?

Hi, It is free. I have been to past 3 asian aerospace shows. The airshow is free.

Can shoot from Changi Beach right across the exhibition center :D

What does it mean by no headon shots as publish at the SISTIC website?

Probably cannot take close up of the planes on display, but no harm trying and dun get caught.

Thanks for info. Any idea how to shoot the flying show? Sorry, not even an newbie yet here.

skyflash said:
Let me try again. The display pilot use a line (which is made of buoys / floats) just off the coast in front of the exhibition area. That imaginary line marked the center of the flying display (which is over the sea).

it was free to enjoy the display outside the exhibition area. it should remain free. but as the planes are quite "small", u might want to try to get closer to the center of the line.

If the exhibition is at the original site, the best place to watch the flying display is at the beach around the cross junction between the cargo complex and the exhibition site.

yes exhibition is at the original site for this year.

kingpin said:
yes exhibition is at the original site for this year.

So I guess the best site will be around the cross junction. Go early, 1 hour b4, and scout around for a good location. I will be going for the flying display on the first day and the exhibition on sat.

eddietkm said:
So I guess the best site will be around the cross junction. Go early, 1 hour b4, and scout around for a good location. I will be going for the flying display on the first day and the exhibition on sat.

hi, actually i'm looking for kaki to go on sat to photo shoot those aircrafts on static display. i will be there 1st thing in the morning. u mind i join you if your timing is right? :) ;)
anyway i will be shooting b&w film.

jesser said:
hi, actually i'm looking for kaki to go on sat to photo shoot those aircrafts on static display. i will be there 1st thing in the morning. u mind i join you if your timing is right? :) ;)
anyway i will be shooting b&w film.

Thanks for the invitation. I'll probably be going in the morning too, to avoid crowd. I will probably buy the ticket tomorrow or next week.

If you don't mind, could you PM me your contact number so that I can arrange the timing with you.

If any of you clubsnappers see a fella with a 10D and a 100-400 w/ lens hood on, come up and say hello to me. I'll be there Feb 25-27 all day long. Please pray for clear sunny skies!

Terence said:
If any of you clubsnappers see a fella with a 10D and a 100-400 w/ lens hood on, come up and say hello to me. I'll be there Feb 25-27 all day long. Please pray for clear sunny skies!
What will yo be doing Terence? Are u on duty at a exhibit?

I'm still trying to make up my mind whether or not to go. parking is a difficult and they have regulations on long lenses. :(

Hi SKyflash

Are you Tan Chung Pheng ...the speckie who wears green army belt and socks during DISCS ? Remember me?

skyflash said:
for the aerial display, how about cloudy weather?
the aerial displays that i attended in AA2000 and AA2002 are cloudy.
at least high clouds.

eddietkm said:
Thanks for the invitation. I'll probably be going in the morning too, to avoid crowd. I will probably buy the ticket tomorrow or next week.

If you don't mind, could you PM me your contact number so that I can arrange the timing with you.

94763187 oe e-mail me simks1@singnet.com.sg

Java_Guru said:
What will yo be doing Terence? Are u on duty at a exhibit?

I'm still trying to make up my mind whether or not to go. parking is a difficult and they have regulations on long lenses. :(

Oh Oh, what regulations on long lenses?? :( Please share.

Sort of working, but more out to have fun shooting. Here's an early preview. I just caught the French contingent arriving this afternoon. It comprised of 2 Mirage 2000s, 1 Rafale and a KC-135FR Stratotanker for the long ferry flight from Europe. They are seen here landing into Changi. Sorry, light wasn't very good, I had to run frantically to catch them landing, missed the first one but managed to catch the second Mirage, Rafale and the tanker. The refuelling probe still hanging like a loose sock on the tanker!

26186708.jpg

26186709.jpg

26186710.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.