Arranged Marriaged!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waaa...

I think she asking for too much.

"I do prefer men who are more Westernised. At the same time, conservative in certain ways.... ...Single men aged between 27 and 45, with sex appeal. She is not ruling out foreigners. Someone who is romantic, a gentleman, well-travelled and knowledgeable would be the icing on the cake."

When a guy reaches 35, he can go overseas get a bride 1/2 his age.
When a girl reaches 35, almost no hope already.

The thing that is bothering me is that she is not even working now to support herself. While one may not always get the ideal job (yet) but to not work for the last few years and just live off her savings at 32 is kinda delusional (unless her savings are millions) and this is the part that bothers me. She wants to be a wife and mother - nothing wrong with that. But until she lands herself a husband, she should be out there working to make use of her time properly. Who knows, she may even meet someone at work.

"I do prefer men who are more Westernised. At the same time, conservative in certain ways.... ...Single men aged between 27 and 45, with sex appeal. She is not ruling out foreigners. Someone who is romantic, a gentleman, well-travelled and knowledgeable would be the icing on the cake."

Wouldn't that sound like a typical profile of a CSer? :)

Maybe she is taking a sabbatical to refocus on what is important in her life at this stage, she could have been delusional that the rat race was what was important when she finally wised up to stop and take stock on what's happening in her life and where all this is heading if she continues doing the same thing day-in day-out.

I'm not saying she is right or wrong, there could be a logical point of view and sometimes people are 1 or 2 steps ahead of us that we cannot see or understand their reasoning.

../azul123

P.S. I didn't bother to read about her, just that I knew of some people who deliberately took time off to smell the roses and enjoy life.

Wouldn't that sound like a typical profile of a CSer? :)

:think: to be exact ur profile?:bsmilie:
Think should call the Media n ask her to join to get to know u!;p

After her return in 2004, Trina has devoted all her time to looking for a husband.

She has been jobless since, and has been getting by on her savings from her last job as a loans officer in a bank.

Wah...for 2 yrs not working and searching for husband full time...donno leh...scary siaz...a lil desperate lor...heh...like they say...the harder you try...the lower the chance to get hitched...

The thing that is bothering me is that she is not even working now to support herself. While one may not always get the ideal job (yet) but to not work for the last few years and just live off her savings at 32 is kinda delusional (unless her savings are millions) and this is the part that bothers me. She wants to be a wife and mother - nothing wrong with that. But until she lands herself a husband, she should be out there working to make use of her time properly. Who knows, she may even meet someone at work.

The guy must be rich or rich enough to support her but in spore in a normal to do family both husband n wife need to work for ends to meet if not the guy siong arh....rite sion?;p

Again down here she wants westernise but then again wants to be traditionally stay at home to be wife n mother! so confusing!!!:confused:

Again down here she wants westernise but then again wants to be traditionally stay at home to be wife n mother! so confusing!!!:confused:

Westernized also can be stay-at-home mom. Look at the comic strip "Baby Blues".

:think: ya hor... come to think of it everywhere oso same same lei....:bsmilie:

i'm also not sure what she meant by 'westernized' but it appears to me that she wans to look for ang moh or asian guys who dont mind her past.

one of my friend just hit 30 this year. on one hand she's asking us why she still single, and on the other hand still chosey. tried to intro one guy to her and she said 'he is only ITE and im a degree holder, and we wont be able to communicate'. she hasn't even met that guy leh. single is by choice or fate ? im not sure either ! i supposed arranged marriage would find a guy who suits her lah, but whether she suits the guy is totally another question :bsmilie:

The guy must be rich or rich enough to support her but in spore in a normal to do family both husband n wife need to work for ends to meet if not the guy siong arh....rite sion?;p

Not neccessary to be rich to have one of the spouse to stay at home to look after the children. Just have to watch your spending that's all, as in any other lifestyle you choose.

Actually, I think her best bet is to find those Asian guys who live in western countries one lor.
Look at Wong Li-lin, she found a nice hubby for herself.

i'm also not sure what she meant by 'westernized' but it appears to me that she wans to look for ang moh or asian guys who dont mind her past.

one of my friend just hit 30 this year. on one hand she's asking us why she still single, and on the other hand still chosey. tried to intro one guy to her and she said 'he is only ITE and im a degree holder, and we wont be able to communicate'. she hasn't even met that guy leh. single is by choice or fate ? im not sure either ! i supposed arranged marriage would find a guy who suits her lah, but whether she suits the guy is totally another question :bsmilie:

:bigeyes: Think her expectation will change as each day passes by! if she is still single few years down the road unless she dun intend to have a family then its ok!

I agree it is not about guy/gal chooses the other party it is both way lah...:sweat:

So take a step at a time as time goes by!:bsmilie:

Maybe she is taking a sabbatical to refocus on what is important in her life at this stage, she could have been delusional that the rat race was what was important when she finally wised up to stop and take stock on what's happening in her life and where all this is heading if she continues doing the same thing day-in day-out.

I'm not saying she is right or wrong, there could be a logical point of view and sometimes people are 1 or 2 steps ahead of us that we cannot see or understand their reasoning.

../azul123

P.S. I didn't bother to read about her, just that I knew of some people who deliberately took time off to smell the roses and enjoy life.

I've done the sabbatical thing for a few months. I know some people need abit more time than that and take about a whole year out. But the thing is this, the long you put off finding a job, the harder it will be to find a job.

Wah...for 2 yrs not working and searching for husband full time...donno leh...scary siaz...a lil desperate lor...heh...like they say...the harder you try...the lower the chance to get hitched...

Yes it does sound scary. When I took a break, initially it was good but towards the end I felt that I was losing out both intellectually and financially. Intellectually because I am on my own most of the time and have no one to talk to (as all my friends are working) till my husband gets back from work. When one is younger, should try to earn as much as possible (but of course not at the expense of having no life either lah).

Actually, I think her best bet is to find those Asian guys who live in western countries one lor.

Well Wong Li-lin met her husband through work. Enough said. :bsmilie:

:think: think WBC will be more suitable.Western Born Chinese!:bsmilie:

if i :
Have sex appeal, Aged 27-45, romantic, well-travelled and Foreigner, then why should l look for an old woman? yucks. Good housewife and bear children? Any yonger woman can do that better.

maybe she want to be housewife as in she wants to be tai tai?

The type that leave cleaning to maid, she go shopping, high tea, manicure and spa. And everyone say "you so lucky hah! Your hubby, handsome foreigner and superior white man. You wife of Expat, social status above us all. Even your name now have angmoh family name, sound so class!"

Status
Not open for further replies.