Around school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
DSC_01152a1.JPG

DSC_01191a1.JPG

DSC_01171a1.JPG

Just some shots i snapped around my school. added in a few effects. Hopefully the shifus here can give me some comments. thanks

i like that last shot, the contrast and the layout of the road attracts me..

but for the 1st one, i think the contrast is not enuff & its kinda hard to find a building there..
the 1st time i see the pic, i tot it was a person wearing white underwear(the top-centre) and there is 2 legs...(dun scold me..i literally saw it as underwear until i look closer below and figure it out to be a building..)
cheers!

LOL... i wont scold you lah... I'll just eat u up!:devil: haha
yeah ok i'll take not of that. thanks. was hoping to kinda achieve an
artsy kinda look. like some magazine kinda look? thanks anyways.

haha... actually it's true, if you just look at the first half of the 1st picture (before you scroll down) it does look like someone's bottom with white underwear......

this is the critique corner so i won't hold back on some frank opinions:

the processing reduced the photograph to pure graphics. so, what's the graphics trying to say?

major lack of focus. as much as the processing gives it an interesting mood, the mood is lost in the inability to convey anything meaningful in relation to the treatment of the picture.

almost an 'effect for the sake of effect' kind of image. or is it?

questions: what's artsy kinda look? what's magazine kinda look? are you trying to create art or trying to create something that looks like art?

finally, please read the posting guidelines for critique corner next time :) happy shooting

Alright thanks... yeah i read through the guidelines already... won't happen again. thanks

i see ngee ann poly
hahaah

Yeah its in Ngee Ann Poly. are you from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.