Are you a forgiving person?

Are you a forgiving person?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is difficult to forgive if you are stabbed from the back.. but it's great to forgive if you can!

I'm not a forgiving person and I won't pretend to be one. You can lie to others but not yourself.

If you lie to yourself... can you forgive yourself? :bsmilie:

forgive & forget - dont think anyone can do this well. forgive is one thing, forget is another thing.

forgive and then what? embrace and trust that person like before again? i dont do revenge but i tend to shun very far from these people. i think i tend to trust people alot, but until they crossed the line. the best thing is, they do you wrong and expect you to pretend nothing has happened & you should be forgiving.

and no, i am not a forgiving person in this case. life still goes on, whether i forgive them or not. period.

I don't think forgiving means forgetting. Forgiving means that you empathise with the person for what he did, and bear any ill will toward him. But because you empathise, you will know why he did those things. If those elements are not removed, he ill do it to you again if given the same situation.

So forgiving is good... but forgetting is not. That is my view.

Leaders of most countries do not follow the
act of forgiveness. It is the law that would put
punishment or the death penalty for any kind of
serious crimes committed.

In the case of profound injustices done to you
by your friends, colleagues, employers or just
simply from strangers where the end results are
feelings of deep anger, endless fury, even hatred.
You are often tempted to act on those feelings
and most common will be revenge.

----------------------------------------------------
Often times, we do things are wrong
and we don’t see the full consequences of
what we have done. The last seven words
from the Cross would be a awakening reminder:
“Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do”

:):heart::)

I forgive and often forget, but as I grow older, I just realised how pple make use of that fact and step all over you.

So it's either you or them :thumbsd:

does tis question apply to ppl who run charity & run away w/ $$! :think:

Forgiving does not mean forgetting. This is a different thing all together. Do not mixed them up.

If the things are trivial, then perhaps you will forgive and forget as times passes but for serious matters, I doubt that. Afterall, we are all just humans.

From religion point of view, for example,

In Christianity, God will forgive all your sins. But can you forgive others?

In Buddhism, there is a saying - 怨怨相抱何时了,放下屠刀,立地成佛, 善哉, 善哉。

How many people can do it? Perhaps that's life.

怨怨相抱 and 放下屠刀 not matched leh...

I don't think forgiving means forgetting. Forgiving means that you empathise with the person for what he did, and bear any ill will toward him. But because you empathise, you will know why he did those things. If those elements are not removed, he ill do it to you again if given the same situation.

So forgiving is good... but forgetting is not. That is my view.

forgiving is good in what sense? how about you forgave that person more than once, and same kind of wrong things keep repeating & repeating ?

i might be wrong, but i think being forgiving is really easier - for the one who has done wrong obviously and perhaps the one who has been let down, BUT easier doesnt mean better. life is such - we keep living on, regardless forgiven or not.

forgiving is good in what sense? how about you forgave that person more than once, and same kind of wrong things keep repeating & repeating ?

Someone once said that we should forgive 70 X 7 times. Figuratively means as many times as needed.

I learn to forgive when I realise that I am no angel and needs to be pardoned more than many people I know. I also realise that when I forgive someone totally, I am released from the hurt that I am keeping in my heart.

It is definitely not easy and I am still learning.

Someone once said that we should forgive 70 X 7 times. Figuratively means as many times as needed.

I learn to forgive when I realise that I am no angel and needs to be pardoned more than many people I know. I also realise that when I forgive someone totally, I am released from the hurt that I am keeping in my heart.

Golden words. :thumbsup:

怨怨相抱 and 放下屠刀 not matched leh...

Bro, you must read in complete phrase, not truncated.

怨怨相抱何时了.

you just said something that gave me a good kick. :)

Bro, you must read in complete phrase, not truncated.

怨怨相抱何时了.

if it 's just 怨怨相抱, it's 拿起菜刀;p

i might be wrong, but i think being forgiving is really easier - for the one who has done wrong obviously and perhaps the one who has been let down, BUT easier doesnt mean better. life is such - we keep living on, regardless forgiven or not.

Forgiving does not mean that you let the person do wrong to you over and over.

For example, if a husband beats the wife over and over, the wife should leave him so that he can't do it again. That is about not forgetting.

However, it would be very good if she can bear no ill will towards him after that. That is about forgiving.

But then again, these things are easier said than done when great wrongs are done. That is why I say I need to try very hard to forgive... and I usually need some time.

Forgiving does not mean that you let the person do wrong to you over and over.

For example, if a husband beats the wife over and over, the wife should leave him so that he can't do it again. That is about not forgetting.

However, it would be very good if she can bear no ill will towards him after that. That is about forgiving.

But then again, these things are easier said than done when great wrongs are done. That is why I say I need to try very hard to forgive... and I usually need some time.

Forgive but still on alert mode? :bsmilie:
we're just human beings. i think we won't go to h3ll if we dont forgive ppl, do we ? :sweat:

I have only two cheeks.

Slap one side, I forgive and forget
Slap the other, I forgive and am weary

.....slap once more then I can forgive but I don't forget

seriously,

Slap one side, i treat as accident,
slap the other, i start to regret treating it as accident,
slap once more, he should seriously regret ever being born... :devil:

for me, i am not forgiving, but it really takes a lot for me to get pissed at someone. but once i do, that is about it. nothing more needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.