Are Lenovo Thinkpads built as well as IBM Thinkpads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danster

Oct 12, 2003
Hi, we all know how well built the IBM Thinkpads are/were. Are the Thinkpads from Lenovo built to the same standards? Probably not cos they're only offering 1 year warranty compared to 3 years from IBM, huh?

I just got a Lenovo T60 and comparing that with my other IBM T42 and T43, the built quality is the same. Well I can't tell the difference.

../azul123

The IBMers that design the thinkpad went over to lenovo as well. (of course not 100% of all the IBMers), so should be the same, at least for the time being........I guess. Sometimes after company buy over, policies slowly change or rather new innovative ideas and goals get implemented.

yeah they are the same. they still manufacture at the same place till god knows when they will change (think another 3yrs or more)

but unless the workers tou gong jian liao then thats another story. i've dropped both a T43 (IBM) and a T60 (Lenovo) on the road (SH!T) about the same height, T43 gave me a small scratch but it hurts and T60 has nothing at all!

yeah they are the same. they still manufacture at the same place till god knows when they will change (think another 3yrs or more)

but unless the workers tou gong jian liao then thats another story. i've dropped both a T43 (IBM) and a T60 (Lenovo) on the road (SH!T) about the same height, T43 gave me a small scratch but it hurts and T60 has nothing at all!

oh ya, thats just the cosmetics. both system are going strong inside (software) and outside (hardware)!

The new Z60 design is flawed IMHO.
To get at the RAM slots, you how have to remove the hand rest flap on the front of the keyboard which is a Royal PITA to remove and replace. It was much easier on the last generation of IBM thinkpads (T43, R51/2) where you could access the slots via a dedicated metal trap door underneath the unit.

T60 is also like that, need to remove the hand rest to add more RAM, troublesome and inconveniently placed.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.