Are flash harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantnookie

Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
I can feel the "shockwaves" coming out from my cam's flash whenever i take a picture with the flash activated.

Is it harmful in any way?

Originally posted by Giantnookie
I can feel the "shockwaves" coming out from my cam's flash whenever i take a picture with the flash activated.

No it's not.

Flash can be harmful in exceptional circumstances:

Newborn babies - avoid flash for the first few weeks. Especially full power with larger flash units.

People with epilepsy. I've not heard of any preflash incidents triggering an epilectic fit but there's always a first time, especially if you are using the strobe function on some of the more advanced flash units.

Full power direct in to the eye at extremely close range: This *may* lead to damage of the retina, especially with very high powered units combined with flash extenders.

Originally posted by Giantnookie

Do u mean u get an electrical shock each time u activate your flash? If so your camera may not be properly insulated...

Originally posted by Gunjack

Do u mean u get an electrical shock each time u activate your flash? If so your camera may not be properly insulated...

im using the canon a40 with built in flash
dun think this cam needs to get insulated right?

happens to my friend's a40 as well.

will kenna shockwaves, or "electric shock".

Status
Not open for further replies.