Apple Mac mini - Wow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
centrino said:
a review from a 'microsoft guy'.... sounds too negative but just another side of view... i believe for windows users who have not used mac before, there will be some hardtime to adapt to mac...

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

the reviewer makes himself sound quite stupid but i cannot blame him, anti-virus? please its a windows problem,HAHAHA! macs updates are free!

centrino said:
a review from a 'microsoft guy'.... sounds too negative but just another side of view... i believe for windows users who have not used mac before, there will be some hardtime to adapt to mac...

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

Haha, It took me just a couple of hours to start getting used to mac osx...

This guy ought to get his facts right tho. For what i know and my experience, so that people here won't be misinformed:
Smaller than most pack of gum and weight less the 4 quarters was refering to the ipod shuffle, not the mac mini :confused:

Although true that OSX is not like windows, OSX is not a stripped down OS, it's actually based on UNIX and the unix part of the OS is actually still accessible.

Mac OS has it's own web broswer, it's called Safari, and if you must, IE is there and you can put it or any other programs in the dock just by dragging it there.

Mac will keep itself clean, HDD optimization are done after major software installation. There's a disk ultility. And there are mantenence softwares available online for free is you must. And most mac apps, except major work horse like Adobe Photoshop, are just 1 executable file which you install by copying it to the HDD, uninstalling by deleting. OSX don't keep things in the registry the manner windows do.

Anti Virus software, you don't need one, the last time I checked, OSX still have 0 virus, and are not affected by trojans, adware etc. If you must, .mac subscription includes Virex by macaffee

Yes, Mac is compatible with MS office, it's called MS Office:mac

Password management/form filling is built in, it's called keychain.

Next version due early this year has built in widgets that can do more than check weather, simpler and faster.

Well, personally on the mail part, I tot mac's Mail works pretty much like thunderbird on the PC. But I don't do vbscript, so i guess i can't really comment about his comment on Mail.

Hope I don't offend anyone with this post, Just though I'll set facts right, hopefully. And I uses both a Wintel and a Mac, together on a home network and they work together fine. And yes, i'm also eagerly waiting for both Windows Longhorn and OSX Tiger.

oeyvind said:
NAH... please no spread fear and misinformation here.

Here's some fact: It needs 184-pin SDRAM DIMMs that are 2.5 volt, unbuffered, 8-byte, non-parity, and PC2700 compliant. The speed of the SDRAM devices must be rated at 167 MHz or faster.

Min CAS supported is 2.5. Max RAM is 1GB using a 1GB PC2700 SDRAM.

nah, i m spreading only what has been tested. do a search for those computer websites & u will soon learn that not all DDR RAM r made alike. the mac mini works with some brands but not others. however, if u buy the RAM from mac shops, theres no risk at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.